< Back to IRCAM Forum

Problems with patching in OM 7.2, MacBook M2, Ventura 13.3

Hallo,

When I drag a patch from the Workspace into open patch window, and then open it, in the (sub)patch window there is patch icon of itself (at the same place where it was positioned on the first level patch window). When I erase the patch icon from the subpatch window, it is erased also from the first level patch window.

Second strange behaviour occurs when I try to evaluate functions or classes (bpf) inside a subpatch (abstraction). It simply brings down the OM. (Neither was not the case in earlier versions of OM used on Intel-based MAcBook.)

I am using OM 7.2 (downloaded from OM Git hub under OM7.2-macOS-M1-08-04-2023.dmg),
on a MacBook M2, Ventura 13.3

Please, can you help me to solve this strange behaviour?

All the best!

Ališer

Dear Aliser,

Thanx for reporting these issues.

I am aware of the first one and will try to fix this.
Concerning the second behavior, i am not sure i get it. I will try to reproduxce it.

Will let you know.

Best
K

Hi Aliser,

Did you try this patch:

venturafix2.lisp (292 Bytes)

(put it in your OM 7.2.app/Contents/init/ folder).

And tell me if this fixes the issues.

Best
K

Dear Karim,

Sorry for postponed answering! I didn’t have time to answer earlier!

I’ve tried with the lisp-patch you have send to me, but the strange behaviour continues. (The peculiar thing is that it happens only with some (not all) patches.) Can this be connected to the place where I store my workspace? Namely, my Workspace is stored on Google Drive/My Folder (so I can share it on different computers).

All the best!

Ališer

Dear Aliser,

Which behavior? #1 or #2 ?
And yes this might be the problem. Using a remote workspace could lead at such problems.

Best
K

Dear Karim,

I was talking about behavior #1. Yet, after reseting OM for several times it appears that the patch you have send to me is working now. The strange behavior #1 seems to have stoped for now. If it happens again, I’ll move my Workspace from Google Disc. (Although it’s a handy solution if you work on several machines.)

What concerns the behavior #2, I am sending to you an example patch, as well as function methods and a lisp.file contained in one of the subpatches. All the explanations are inside the patch. Please, let me know if this problem is also attached to use of remote workspace!

Thank you very much for your help and effort!

All the best!
Ališer
Patch.omp (134.4 KB)
gauss-ser.lisp (967 Bytes)
GAUSS-GENxLxLxL.ome (6.4 KB)
GAUSS-GENxLxLxN.ome (6.5 KB)
GAUSS-GENxLxNxL.ome (5.9 KB)
GAUSS-GENxLxNxN.ome (6.3 KB)
GAUSS-GENxNxNxN.ome (3.8 KB)

Dear Aliser

Thank you. I will look into this.
Now concerning a remote workspace, this is very unadvised. You will run into problems. Better use a local workspace.

Best
K

Dear Aliser,

Seems that some functions are missing:
% ans “% 2” ?
sz-interpol
log-slope
4-forms

Anyhow everything opens well. so it might be some programing error.

Best
K