< Back to IRCAM Forum

Problem with sogs/rogs

I have a problem using sogs~ and rogs~. When launching it from Forum Max Apps-All maxpat, the signal doesn/t get from a player into the engine (with waveform view). Max window doesn’t report any problem. I can use sogs and rogs, loading it from sounsbox.sogsdevice.maxpat (objects sogs~ and rogs~ works well), but I have to avoid plauback section and run my signal straght into [p Sogs~]. And when trying to use playback section ([p Playback]), Max window reports:

ftm.javascript: unable to load object bundle executable

2013-01-02 19:50:01.787 Max[836:207] Error loading /Applications/Max6/Cycling '74/ftm-and-co/externals/ftm.javascript.mxo/Contents/MacOS/ftm.javascript: dlopen(/Applications/Max6/Cycling '74/ftm-and-co/externals/ftm.javascript.mxo/Contents/MacOS/ftm.java

script, 262): Symbol not found: _JS_DefineFunctions

Referenced from: /Applications/Max6/Cycling '74/ftm-and-co/externals/ftm.javascript.mxo/Contents/MacOS/ftm.javascript

Expected in: /Applications/Max6/Max.app/Contents/MacOS/…/Frameworks/MaxJSRef.framework/Versions/A/MaxJSRef

in /Applications/Max6/Cycling '74/ftm-and-co/externals/ftm.javascript.mxo/Contents/MacOS/ftm.javascript

I’ve downloaded and installed ftm, but it didn’t help. Any solution?

AFAIC FTM has nothing to do with those objects. [p Playback] gives a signal with position in a buffer, that’s all. I believe those abstractions (soundbox*) are thought for reusing them “as they are”, not for messing around with their guts (which mostly service GUI; nothing interesting, but done very well).

Call/write me on priv. please, regardless whether you are E., D. or W. (or His Magnificence Himself).

ak

PS. Załóżmy sobie darmowe konta indywidualne (tak jak to moje), żeby nie wyglądało jakoby cała uczelnia pochylała się nad takimi problemami… ;-)))

Tak, tak!

Norbert

P.S.: The problem you encounter with FTM could be due to the fact the FTM does not support yet JavaScript for Max 6 and that you have a file “ftmjs.mxo” in your “Max6/Cycling '74/jsextensions” folder which tries to load the external “ftm.javascript” (and fails to do since this is incompatibility with the JavaScript engine of Max 6). Try to find and remove “ftmjs.mxo” from Max 6.

Thanks.

I’ ve realized that problem is in patcher p sync - if I avoid it, everything is ok.

Masz rację z kontem, założę. Zapomniałem że będę widoczny jako UMFC. W.

Sorry if i chosen a wrong place to ask.
I ve got some problem with installing FTM.

Here is what i’ve god when i’m trying to load any object from FTM.

ftm.editor: unable to load object bundle executable
2014-03-23 17:48:01.485 Max[1366:d07] Error loading /Applications/Max 6.1/packages/FTM.2.6.0.BETA /externals/ftm.editor.mxo/Contents/MacOS/ftm.editor: dlopen(/Applications/Max 6.1/packages/FTM.2.6.0.BETA /externals/ftm.editor.mxo/Contents/MacOS/ftm.edito
r, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/Max 6.1/packages/FTM.2.6.0.BETA /externals/ftm.editor.mxo/Contents/MacOS/ftm.editor: mach-o, but wrong architecture