< Back to IRCAM Forum

Problem creating SDIF file

Hi,

I am having problems creating SDIF files in OM. I get this error message:

SUPERVP TRANSIENT DETECTION

“/Applications/OM 6.12/libraries/OM-SuperVP 2.8/resources/bin/mac/SuperVP.app/Contents/MacOS/supervp” -v -t -ns -S"/Applications/OM 6.12/libraries/OM-SuperVP 2.8/resources/sound/PianoOriginal.aiff" -Afft -N4096 -M4096 -Whanning -oversamp 8 -OT -td_thresh 2.0 -td_G 2.5 -td_band 0.0,22050.0 -td_nument 10.0 -td_minoff 0.02s “/Users/laugedideriksen/Documents/Open Music Workspace/out-files/markers.sdif”
OM > “I can not construct a SDIFFILE with these parameters”

I have done the following:

• Made sure hat there are no non-ASCII characters in the filepath.
  • Tried different files and patches, including the example patch for the transient-detection object.

I am using OM 6.12 and SuperVP 2.8.
I haven’t been able to find an answer anywhere on the forums (or google), but feel free to post a link if there is something I have missed.

Best
Lauge

Hi Lauge,

Same problem here with the supervp binary included in the OM-SuperVP library. I am using it on Linux and the error i get is the following :

:: /home/karim/OM_6.12/libraries/OM-SuperVP 2.8/resources/bin/linux/supervp: error while loading shared libraries: libEasdif.so.1.4.20: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

However if I use the standard commandline SuperVP it works. But then again i am on linux.

Try :

1. First be sure you have authorized the binary.
  2. If you have AudioSculpt try using the SuperVP that came with it.

My version of SuperVp (installed in /usr/local/bin) is :

SuperVP Copyright © 1990-2015 IRCAM
version : 2.99.111 (compiled by cornu on Jan 12 2015 13:40:44 ) Prec=Float

snd file IO using libsndfile-1.0.17patchc, Copyright Erik de Castro Lopo,
licensed under the Gnu LGPL (see: http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile or libsndfile.License)

Hope this helps.

Best
K

Hi Karim,

Thanks for the swift reply.
I am on Mac. As for as I can see, the binary is authorised (IrcamForumProtection tells me it is, anyway). I also don’t have Audiosculpt, so I can’t try that.
I have tried to move the SuperVP library from the library in the OM folder to my external library. Now OM tells me that It can’t find SuperVP. The version is 2.99.94.
Is it possible to use the standard command line SuperVP on mac? If yes, how?

L

Hi Lauge,

Ok the SuperVp linux problem is another issue (missing lib).
However, first try to point to your supervp.app in OM’s external preferences.
If this doesn’t work you will need to get the commandline tools here :

http://forumnet.ircam.fr/shop/en/forumnet/61-analysis-synthesis-command-line-tools.html
You should be able to get them. If not tell me. I will report this to our developers.

Best
K

Hi again Karim,

It helped to point the external preferences to the right folder - my bad. Now, however, I am back at the old error message

OM > “Loading sound file : “/Users/laugedideriksen/Documents/Open Music External Library/OM-SuperVP 2.8/resources/sound/PianoOriginal.aiff””
OM > “/Users/laugedideriksen/Documents/Open Music External Library/OM-SuperVP 2.8/resources/sound/PianoOriginal.aiff Loaded…”
OM > “Loading sound file : “/Users/laugedideriksen/Documents/Open Music External Library/OM-SuperVP 2.8/resources/sound/PianoOriginal.aiff””
OM > “/Users/laugedideriksen/Documents/Open Music External Library/OM-SuperVP 2.8/resources/sound/PianoOriginal.aiff Loaded…”

“/Users/laugedideriksen/Documents/Open Music External Library/OM-SuperVP 2.8/resources/bin/mac/SuperVP.app/Contents/MacOS/SuperVP” -v -t -ns -S"/Users/laugedideriksen/Documents/Open Music External Library/OM-SuperVP 2.8/resources/sound/PianoOriginal.aiff" -Afft -N4096 -M4096 -Whanning -oversamp 8 -OT -td_thresh 2.0 -td_G 2.5 -td_band 0.0,22050.0 -td_nument 10.0 -td_minoff 0.02s “/Users/laugedideriksen/Documents/Open Music Workspace/out-files/markers.sdif”

I can’t get the the commandline tools. I get this pop-up: The requested download is not purchased yet. Please add to cart and proceed to checkout.

Thanks again for being so helpful!
L

Hi Lauge,

I can not construct a SDIFFILE with these parameters

=> this means the wrong type of data is input to the SDIFFile object.

If your patch is connected correctly, then most probably the transient-detection box outputs a NIL value.

Can you verify that ? (= evaluate the transient-detection box and see what is printed in the Listener window ?)

1. In order to know more about what is going on, enable the “Print System Outputs” option in the OM Preferences/Audio tab.

We will probably get more information then.

ps. I’m not sure you ca rely on IrcamForumProtection anymore.

In OM Preferences/Externals/SuperVP => Options, you have a possibility to authorize the lib.

Hi Jean,

Thanks for the heads-up on the authentication. I was not aware of that. It seems to have solved the problem in one patch (the example). In my own, the transient-detection box outputs nil. My guess is, that it is a mistake on my part, even though it is patched up the same way that the example patch is.

Here is the Listener output:

OM > “Loading sound file : “/Users/laugedideriksen/Documents/Open Music Workspace/in-files/inside james.wav””
OM > “/Users/laugedideriksen/Documents/Open Music Workspace/in-files/inside james.wav Loaded…”

“/Users/laugedideriksen/Documents/Open Music External Library/OM-SuperVP 2.8/resources/bin/mac/SuperVP.app/Contents/MacOS/SuperVP” -v -t -ns -S"/Users/laugedideriksen/Documents/Open Music Workspace/in-files/inside james.wav" -Afft -N8 -M4096 -Wmarkers.sdif -oversamp hanning -OT -td_thresh 2.0 -td_G 2.5 -td_band 0.0,22050.0 -td_nument 10.0 -td_minoff 4096s “/Users/laugedideriksen/Documents/Open Music Workspace/out-files/markers.sdif”
:: “/Users/laugedideriksen/Documents/Open Music External Library/OM-SuperVP 2.8/resources/bin/mac/SuperVP.app/Contents/MacOS/SuperVP” -v -t -ns -S"/Users/laugedideriksen/Documents/Open Music Workspace/in-files/inside james.wav" -Afft -N8 -M4096 -Wmarkers.sdif -oversamp hanning -OT -td_thresh 2.0 -td_G 2.5 -td_band 0.0,22050.0 -td_nument 10.0 -td_minoff 4096s “/Users/laugedideriksen/Documents/Open Music Workspace/out-files/markers.sdif”
:: Initializing…
:: SuperVP::Parameter Error::leccmd::
:: required parameter missing for flag -N
:: Done.
::
OM => nil

Thanks for the help, so far.
Lauge

can you attach your patch (or a simplification of it showing the error) ?

In your last command line the option “-N8” says you’ve asked for a FFT size of 8 samples, which is not handled by SuperVP. 8 is a very small value for a FFT. I guess there’s a parameter mismatch somewhere in your OM patch (the other params also have strange values as compared to your initial post).

Hi again Jean,

I tried recreating the patch from scratch. That solved the last problems - I must have messed something up while trying to solve the other problems.

Thank your very much for the help!
Best
Lauge