< Back to IRCAM Forum

Prise en main des plugins Vamp

hello,

I don’t know where to put the complement for the Vamp plugins. Shoud I have to create a folder ?

Best,

Jerome

Hello Jerome,

If the standard Vamp plugins directory doesn’t exist you should create it. You should have something like this:

But if you prefer, you can use any directory and specify the path in Partiels (Menu → Partiels → “Plugin Settings…” → “add directories…”).

Cheers,
Pierre

Cher Pierre,

Thank you.

actually, I can’t Install Vamp plugins :

there’s no Vamp plugins with my other plugins…

Cheers~

Jerome

OSX Big Sur 11.6

I’m not sure to understand the issue. Do you mean you didn’t manage to install the Super Vamp Plugins or the other Vamp plugins (such as the ones distributed in the Vamp Plugin Pack Installer)?

P.S. The Vamp Plugin Pack Installer installs the plugins in ~/Library/Plug-Ins/Vamp.
P.P.S. If you use an M1 machine, you should run Partiels on Rosetta because the Vamp plugins are not yet natively compatible with ARM architecture.

Yes, I have some files here : but nothing in my DAW’s

I use an i7 mac mini :

I’ve created the folder here :

Vamp datas are here :

did I miss something ?

Yes, I have some files here : but nothing in my DAW’s

Perhaps that’s the problem? Are you using Partiels? Vamp plugins are compatible with Partiels (or Sonic Visualiser) but not the DAWs such as Reaper, Logic, or Live. Here is further information about the Vamp plugin format: https://www.vamp-plugins.org/.

If you are already using Partiels, can you make sure that the default paths are well defined in “Plugin settings”? Otherwise, click on the “Default” button and restart Partiels (to scan directories for plugins).

Bonjour,

Je passe au français car mon anglais est horrible.

Pour les plugins : ils sont bien dans le path. Au debut, lorsque je choisi le fichier son, Partiels me propose pas mal de criteres en plugins, ce qui me fait croire que les plugins sont bien reconnus, mais je ne sais pas si Super VP est Ok. J’ai mis les deux fichiers dans le dossier ou il y a mes plugins Vamp.

J’ai regardé la petite vidéo sur youtube, et Partiels ne m’affiche pas la waveform :

J’ai fait 2 analyses dans cette example

merci par avance,

Cordialement,

Jerome

Après avoir vu une autre vidéo (merci pour ces videos) j’arrive a faire une analyse FFT donc j’en déduis que superVP fonctionne…

Okay, bonne nouvelle :slight_smile:
P.S. Pour améliorer l’affichage de la forme d’onde, on peut réduire la taille de block (window size) et le pas d’avancement (step size) dans les paramètres de la piste d’anallyse. Par défaut les valeurs sont à 64 samples mais pour des fichiers audio d’une durée inférieur à 1 minute, on peut utiliser 16 ou 8 samples et pour des fichiers très courts, on peut même descendre à 1 sample.

1 Like

Merci pour ces precisions, je note. Bravo pour le code !

Cordialement,

Jerome