< Back to IRCAM Forum

Player problem [SOLVED]

I’m failing to make any connection between OM7 and a MIDI device. I’ve followed the configuration instructions but when I play a Chord-Seq a MIDI monitor shows no MIDI coming out of OM. Am I missing something basic or is there an issue with OM7 and MIDI on the Mac M1 ?

[Edit] Never mind, I only needed to set up an IAC bus. Works fine now.

Dear Dave,

this should not be a specific issue with the Om version. By what you are describing, it is just that you didn’t set the port setup in the midi preferences in your Om’s workspace yet. and most probably it is disconnected. IAC works good, but also a allocated midi client port will also do if this client was launched BEFORE Om. Here is the culprit.
Example: when fooling with vmpk application, on M1 mac, found out that the os didn’t correctly save the preferences of vmpk and at each start of VMPK i had to redirect the midi input to its driver. So, i don’t know where is the problem here.

Best
K

Hi Karim ! I’m still learning the details of the Mac and MIDI, but for now I’m quite happy with the IAC connectivity. I tried using my hardware MIDI device (a Focusrite Scarlett 4x4) but got no joy. The connection to it was apparently valid but no MIDI was getting to it from OM. I switched to the IAC bus and the connection was made. Btw, I’m using VCV Rack as the target for playing chord-seqs and other boxes with MIDI output in OM. Good fun. :slight_smile:

Dear Dave,

Yes IAC is very practical. I don’t know about the Focusrite Scarlett, but I imagine you have the correct drivers.

Well good fun
Best
K