< Back to IRCAM Forum

Pipo~ error in Win 10

Hi all,

I have just moved a patch, which is pretty large, containing four instances of pipo~ (one being [pipo~ slice:fft:bands @bands.log 1] and the other [pipo~ descr @descr.winsize 1710 @descr.hopsize 100], from Mac Mojave to Win 10, both with Max 8.1. Once moving it to Windows, I occasionally get a few thousand lines of error messages saying “pipo~: FIFO is full”. the strange thing is that it doesn’t happen while I am doing anything with the object – it is most likely just receiving zeroes. It did not seem to effect either module once I turned it on (and I suspect the pipo~ descr object, for various reasons), but it is, of course unnerving. I am currently away from that machine for a week or so, so I can’t give any more information, but I was curious if anyone else had seen this issue, which seems to be Windows-only. Using the most recent Mubu…

Thanks,

\M

Hi Matt, just a guess: can you check that the audio settings are the same (esp. vector size)?
In any case, @outputbuffer gives the size of that fifo.
Best!

Hey Diemo,

That’s quite possible, as the stupid MOTU interface I’m using forces its vector size on Max. I’ll bet you that’s exactly it. I’ll report back when I have a chace. Thanks!

\matty

By the way, that was it – all sorted out now. Thanks!