< Back to IRCAM Forum

Orchids' Exports and Score Editing

Cheers everyone,

It seems I don’t get any articulations, playing styles when opening Orchids’s export files in Finale, Bach or OpenMusic (Finale Music XML, Bach .txt, OM .txt). I must be missing something. Does anyone have a light on this?

All the best,
António

This may be premature to answer since I haven’t gotten to that point yet, but
some things are Midi data,while other things are different
patches-- is why vst synths for orchestral instruments
have different patches for certain articulations. Are these what you mean by
different articulations/playing styles? If I am way off-base, I would be curious to hear other answers- because the more
info I can get about any aspect of the possibilities of the program would be very helpful generally,

E

Hi EZ,

Actually yes, you’re somewhat off base, as playing styles, articulations, and dynamics are all acoustic samples in the SOL sound bank.

This issue has been partly if not wholly cleared up thanks to the help from one of the guys from the Bach Project (and Orchids, actually) in their forum. The link:

http://forum.bachproject.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=278

Best,
António

Dear Antoinio,

Indeed, this is a problematic behavior that comes from the Bach library and that we already discussed with Daniele, I think he will try to insert all these informations in the exports of the Bach system.

All the best,
Philippe

Cheers Philippe,

Do you mean there’s a new version coming? I had hoped it would be possible to do it with a bach patch (as all info is exported as text markers into bach) and post it here but I haven’t been able to and Daniele didn’t reply to my last post in the bach forum. So I’m guessing it isn’t possible. If and when I come up with something, I’ll post it here.

António

Dear Antonio,

Hope you figured this out ? We will do a new version in a few months, but we are working on other enhancements as well, so I think we will make a release once everything is ready. In the meantime, you can also ask Daniele for the patch version of these ? If you manage to get a turnaround, I think other users on the forum would be very glad to hear about it :slight_smile:

All the best,
Philippe

Cheers Philippe,

As you suggested I asked Daniele for the patches, but quite reasonably he prefers you do it. On my end, I’m very interested in the patches if you are still willing to make them available.

Thank you so much for the conTimbre reference, it was spot on.

All the best,
Antonio

Dear Antonio,

No problem, could you please send me your mail address in private message so that I can send you all the patches as a zip file ?

All the best,
Philippe

Hi Philippe,

I’ve sent you my e-mail address in private message. I hope you received it.

All the best,
Antonio

Hi Philippe,

Have you changed your mind about the patches? Anyway, I’m still interested in the patches if you are willing to make them available.

Best,
António

Dear Antonio,

Just to be sure that you received the patches and everything is running smoothly ?

All the best,
Philippe

Cheers Philippe,

Yes I did, thank you both.

All the best,
António

Hi all,
Any chance these patches would be made available to public?
It would be great to see all the playing style info in the scores we export, be it .txt (bach) or .ly
Thanks!
Best,
Eren.

PS: Other than that Orchids is treating me well :slight_smile: Especially importing user sound libraries is really smooth and works great!