< Back to IRCAM Forum

Orchidée

Hello all,

Just wondering what happened to Orchidée… I hope her lovely flowers didn’t die out already.

Thanks for shedding a bit of light on the subject.

Pierre Michaud

Dear Pierre,

Thanks for bringing up the question.

As was announced during the workshops, we decided to remove temporarily Orchidée from Forum this year because of stability and compatibility problems (specially in new OS 10.7+), and also the fact that maintaining support for it would have taken more effort than developping a new and clean version.

This said, we are launching the process of upgrading the engine to a more powerful one and hope to bring it to Forum in the next few months. Our goal is to put forth stable and ready-to-manupulate technologies.

Stay tunes… .

Hello:

Same here. I’ll be looking very much forward to have the new version including the sound library, actually I was going to buy Orchidée last month, but decided to wait to see if the new forum included an upgrade! Do you expect a new version in how many “few” months? Regards.

Hello, I am just wondering what the latest news is on Orchidee. For me, it is one of the best things to come out of Ircam recently, and I really miss it!

Andrew Lewis

Hi,

Any news about Orchidée?

Best regards

In case you missed this news: http://forumnet.ircam.fr/orchids-first-release/