< Back to IRCAM Forum

Option -Aformant_tenv in supervp with command line tool

Hello Audiosculpt team,

I’m working on extracting formants from the super vp command line.
In “./supervp -ha” it says that I can use the flag -Aformant_tenv in order to compute the formants using the True Envelope. But when I call this flag super vp says:
“SuperVP::InternalError::formant_tenv analysis is not available in this version of SuperVP!”

I tried both 3.3.8 and 3.4.0 and in any of these versions this flag is available. Am I doing something wrong or is this functionality not supported anymore?
The computation of the formants with the -Aformant_lpc flag works just fine.

For example, for a file named “file.wav”:
these parameters doesn’t work:
-t -ns -Sfile.wav -Aformant_tenv n5 45 -Np0 -M0.0111100003123283s -oversamp 8 -Whanning -OS0 file.sdif

This works fine (the only change between the two is the -Aformant_lpc tag):
-t -ns -Sfile.wav -Aformant_lpc n5 45 -Np0 -M0.0111100003123283s -oversamp 8 -Whanning -OS0 file.sdif

thanks a lot,
Pablo

Hi everbody,

Somebody has a hint on this?

Pablo

Hello Pablo,

I confirm the is a problem. The implementation formant_tenv is currently not supported due to an error in our build system. We will fix this as soon as possible and
provide new versions of supervp that will include again the formant_tenv analysis.

Thanks for letting us know of that problem.
Best
Axel

Hi Pablo,

just to let you know that the problem has been fixed in the A/S command line tools as of version 2.0.1

http://forumnet.ircam.fr/shop/en/archived.php?id_product=61&archived=1

So as you want to use this on the command line anyway you can simply install these tools outside of AS
The different fixes until version 2.0.2 of the command line tools will be available in the next AudioSculpt release.
Sorry for the long delay in solving this.

Best
Axel

The different fixes until version 2.0.2 of the command line tools will be available in the next AudioSculpt release.
Sorry I meant until 2.0.3 :frowning:

Best
Axel