< Back to IRCAM Forum

Open Music 7.1 does not load the workspace

Hi Karin,

My system: Mac Intel OS Monterey 12.6.

I hope you are doing well. I decided to open a new thread because the last one got too charged and confused. I read all the messages.

I am having the same problem as other users: Open Music does not load any workspace. When I download and install OM 7.1 it opens my workspaces and everything works fine. Also, I quit and open again and it works. However, after a certain time (I don’t know exactly), when I open Open Music again it doesn’t load the workspace and I am not able to open a workshop.

I deleted the Open Music preference folder, re-launched Open Music, and created a new workspace. But it doesn’t work.

Other than re-installing OM 7.1, what do you suggest me to do. I can create a new workspace but I need to access the data in my previous workspace.

Thanks
Paulo

Dear Paulo,

This is unfortunate and I am really sorry. In fact i don’t seem to have this problem:
On Intel I am still on Catalina.
On M1 on Monterey.
Both are working ok and I can’t reproduce the bug.
Can you give me some more feedback?
Is the error still “get-elements” nil?
Can you send me some console log?
Meanwhile i cannot upgrade my Intel to Monterey, since it is the working machine for creating an image.
Most probably it has to do with Intel/Monterey/LW8

Please keep me informed.

Best
K

Dear Paulo,

Don’t bother, I think i know the reason of this issue. I will prepare a new Intel version, and wilkl be back to you pretty soon.

Best
K

Dear Karim,

Very nice to hear from you Sorry that I spell your name wrong in my previous message.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I have also a M1 machine but haven’t installed Open Music yet. I will do it and let you know if it works.

Thanks
Paulo

Dear Paulo,

For the M1 machines it works. Just download it the usual way. The pre-release is only for the Intel machines (mac) that you can find here:

Best
K