< Back to IRCAM Forum

On the Graph Class from the RepMus Library

Hi,

I’d really like to plot a visual representation of the Graph class from the RepMus library… Is there any “out of the box” way of doing it? And if not, what would be the best way to achieve this goal?

Any hints or insights on these issues would be much appreciated.

All the best,
António

Dear Antonio,

I don’t think it is interesting to have a display of the output of make-graph (the graph class) which seems to be a data structure. However you can display it as a chord-seq once again, but this is not that interesting since it is the same.

In order to “operate” on this structure, you have the graph-tour method. But i can’t help you with this, i’ve never used it…

Take care
Best
K

Hi Karim,

Thank you. You’re of course right, the nodes are indeed only the original lists of midics. What is missing from your make-graph output, however, are the weights attached to each node (i.e., each original list of midics.) As far as I can see, the graph class implements an undirected graph with weighted edges… I’d really like to be able to plot it as it would offer a good way of visually representing the whole network.

Do you know if there’s a way to access the values of the weight function through make-graph? If I had access to the gweight values (of the edges), I think it would become very easy to plot the graph class.

All the best,
António