< Back to IRCAM Forum

On OpenMusic's Main Workspace Window

Hi,

I’d like to change the size of the icons and font size in OpenMusic’s main workspace window. Is there a bit of OM code I can tweak to achieve that?

Any hints or insights on this issue would be much appreciated.

All the best,
António

Thanks to a previous post on the forum, that can be found here, I was able to change the font size but the text is cropped for values equal or bigger than 12, as far as I can see due to a fixed frame size. I had no luck with icons…

Hi,

For a week or so now, I’ve been peering into OpenMusic’s wheelhouse without the flimsiest hint of success. This is the last frontier for me, the last remaining obstacle to a fully customized UI…

If anyone has any clue on this, no matter how circumstantial, I’d really appreciate it.

All the best,
António

Hi,

I believe it is more complicated as it seems. While you can set these features (icon size, text, etc.) to a patch (cf. preferences) i don’t believe that it is that easy to do so with the workspace window, since it is another category of window, unless to re-write it completely. So the question is, is it really important for you to change these?

Best
K

Hi Karim,

Thank you for your reply. And to answer your question… If it takes more than a tweak, a few lines of code to put in the “init” folder, it’s definitely not worth it. It’s most definitely not worth the trouble of rewriting it completely.

Happy new year.

All the best,
António