< Back to IRCAM Forum

OMTristan - Debugged and...

Cheers to the OM Team,

I’ve debugged the Midi-import issue and the other issues with the “Spectral Harmony” functions in the OMTristan (3.1.) library, and added object-compatibility to a few of these functions. Everything seems to be running smoothly and properly now.

I’d be glad to share it. If you think it might be of interest to the OM community, should I post it here? If not, where should I post or send it?

All the best,
António

Many thanks Antonio !

the page where Libraries are posted in general is : http://repmus.ircam.fr/openmusic/libraries

But I vote for a post in this forum too… It would be usefull

Cheers~
…………………………………………………… jerome

Thanks Jérôme, I’ve sent it to the OM development team mail on the site you linked but i got an “Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender‏” mail back.

Best,
António

ok…

So share it here ! Anyway, you do nothing bad !! :slight_smile:

………………………………………………………………… jerome

Well there might be a few copyright issues (Rozalie Hirs’ or even Jean Bresson’s). I’ll have to wait to see what the guys from the OM team (Jean Bresson, Karim Haddad, etc.) have to say.

Best,
António

Hi Antonio,
Thanx for the debugging. I don’t know for sure if there are copyright issues here. I think that Tristan wanted his library to go public. One thing though, is the maintenance of this lib. I remember i was the first to port it from patchwork to Om a couple of yrs ago. Then it ended up in Rozalie’s hand. I am sure she won’t object. The best is that the team contact her (or Tristan), and also more important wait for Jean’s answer, since i believe OM will have main Midi updates for the better!

BEst
K

Hi all

As it has been said already, OMTristan is not a lib maintained by Ircam.
It has been initially hosted on Rozalie Hirs’ website: www.rozaliehirs.com/essay-and-software/
I have posted the 3.1 update after some requests from this forum on the Ircam forge repository (https://forge.ircam.fr/p/omlibraries/downloads/) but this version is now also available on Rozalie’s page.
You are free to post your update anywhere I guess, however, it would be better for everybody to use a single and permanent host for the library.

In my opinion the best thing to do would be to set up an open source project on github or similar host, in order to ease further updates and external contributions.

All best
Jean

To all and everyone interested,

At her request, I’ve sent it to Rozalie Hirs.

Best,
António