< Back to IRCAM Forum

OMChaos 1.4 and OM6.16-17

Hi, I observe a strange behaviour with OMChaos 1.4: even if a path is properly settled in the preferences, the lib doesn’t show in the list, and is accordingly ‘not found’ when I try to load a patch that uses it. However, if I change back to locate the version OMChaos 1.3, than everything is fine.

This version (1.3) seems to be working fine, but still, it’s seems strange?
I’m on a Macbook Pro (2017), Catalina, the same behaviour has been observed in OM6.16 and 6.17.

Thanks!
Jimmie

Dear Jimmie,

very strange… It loads well here. are you sure you downloaded the release and not the source ?
Will test tomorrow again to see what’s wrong.

Best
K

Dear Karim,

Thanks for your response. Please see the image to see what I have first downloaded (it’s a capture of the containing folder named OMChaos 1.4).

But funny enough, following your response I re-downloaded the library, and I see that the folder name is now Chaos (and not OMChaos, as it previously was), and now it loads well in OM. And indeed, on the image, the name of the lisp and omlib inside files is Chaos as well, so I guess that it explains it all (the problem was that the containing folder didn’t have the same name)…?
Thanks for your time,
Jimmie