< Back to IRCAM Forum

OM7-beta becomes OM#

Hi Jean. Thank you for all of the work on the new releases. Enjoying getting to know OM7-beta (I’m on Windows, so no OM# for that yet, right?) Just curious: the Ctrl-Shift-E, Ctrl-D, and Ctrl-Shift-H functionality for source, documentation, and help, respectively, don’t seem to be operating yet. Did I do something wrong installing or is this just not ready yet? Thanks!

Hi! Thanks for your feedback.

I’m planning the Windows release very soon (maybe this weekeend).

In principle all this should work, but short-cut may have slightly changed.
See here:

Thanks much, Jean, and looking forward!

OM# 1.0 is now available for Windows:

Thank you! Looking forward!

Hi Gonçalo. This is planned in the next release.
Best,
— Jean

Hi, Jean!

New om# looks great and, maybe, one day I’ll move into it from 6.15
I have a question. Do you plan to put possibilty of ‘right-click-menus’ using inside patch?

Thanks.

I avoided using contextual menus (i.e. the menu popping up by right/crl click) so far in OM#, and replaced it by more direct/visible controls, or by main menu commands.
Is there any particular command that you feel is missing ?

I think, currently I can’t say I’m missing some commands. But I feeling myself a bit uncomfortable jumping to ‘Boxes’ menu at top instead of using contextual menus.

Maybe, could it be possible (as solution) to duplicate ‘Boxes’ menu as button at right top corner of patch if you decide to avoid contextual menus?

Hi @sergeyvilka ! Just a quick follow-up on this: the OM#1.2 “pre-release” that I just posted now includes a contextual menu for adding new boxes in patch editors:

1 Like

Nice! But just opened it and can’t drag boxes (objects like chord-seq, etc)…

:thinking: Oups. Are you on Big Sur ?

Yes, I am on Big Sur.

Ok, I think this is fixed in the updated dmg (1.2_u1) at the same address.

Yes, it’s fixed. :slight_smile:

Really happy that this is being developed. :heart:

Any chance the microtone playback can work as in OM 6.17?

1 eighth-tone: channel 2
1 quarter-tone: channel 3
3 eighth-tones: channel 4

Also, BUG report: when you choose Open form the File menu, you can’t click in ‘Options’.

thank you

I’ll put this on the todo list.
Note this is already discussed here:

1 Like

I’m not sure I see what you are referring to. Could you maybe open a new thread with more detailed description (or maybe, here) ?

I will now follow the project on GitHub… and here. :slight_smile:

1 Like