< Back to IRCAM Forum

Om-SoX Package OM-AUDIO not found

Hello, with Om 6.15 and the last OmSox Library on MacOs 10.11-10.14 I get the message …Error while loading the library OM-SoX: “Package OM-AUDIO not found.”
Any clue?
Thanks for support!

Hi,

You should have a file in OM-SoX “waveform.lisp” - try renaming this so it doesn’t load. and restart
: Marlon Schumacher’s recommandation :slight_smile:

Bye,

N.

Thank you very much!!!

Hello,
renaming waveform.lisp to what?(om-audio.lisp?, om audio.lisp ?) because I get the same message
Thanks

Hi,

I think I just got rid of it…

N.

Dear Nadir,

I was working with Om-SoX library on OM-6.10.1 (because it was the lates OM version where I could load the library) on MacOS 10.7. Lately I changed to MacOS 13 and now I can’t install OM 6.10 and in OM 6.16 I can’t load Om-SoX. Did you find the way to solve the problem of loading OM-SoX to OM versions later than OM 6.10? If yes, please let me know how! (The procedure with removing waveform.lisp does not function for me.)
I’ve invested a lot of time in making some Om-SoX patches and it would be pity if I can’t use it now (and I need it for the ongoing project.)I hope for your understanding and would very appreciate your help!

All the best!

Ališer

Dear Aliser,

Unfortunately, this library was not maintained since 4 years ago. So It will not run as is on OM’s later than 6.15 which has a complete new audio lib.
Please do contact its author here:

Best
K

Dear Karim,

Nice hearing from you again!

Thank you very much for your reply!

I was contacting Marlon Schumacher considering OM-SoX and I hope for his soon answer.
I tried also with OM 6.15, but it also does not work. (Error message:“Package OM-AUDIO not foud”.) All the versions OM 6.11 - 6.15 have the same problem with loading OM-SoX. (Therefore I was using OM 6.10.1 which now I can’t load to MacOS High Sierra.) Yet, in the previous correspondence between ratox and nadirb I got the suggestion that the problem still may be solved by renaming file “waveform.lisp” inside OM-SoX. I tried that too, but I got the error message “Reader cannot find package AU”. So I asked myself what am I missing. How to rename the file? Is it working for MacOS?
That’s the reason I was addressing to nadirb. (So please, nadirb and/or ratox, if you have solutions for this problem, please let me know!)

Sorry for being so insistent on this issue, but I am working on a project, where I was heavily using OM-SoX in many patches that I cannot access any more.

Thank you once more!

Stay well and all the best!

Ališer

Dear Aliser,
If you want to load this library:

1. delete the file in /sources/waveforms.lisp (in the library folder)
  2. replace the file in the folder sources/soundobj-edits.lisp with this one:
    soundobj-edits.lisp (7.5 KB)

Then your library will load. However, be advised , i am not sure this will get you all the functions, etc… I didn’t test it.

Best
K

Dear Karim,

You are the best (as always)! Thank you, it finally works.

It seems that all the functions are working!

Thank you very much!

Be well and stay well!

Ališer

Hi Karim,

Thank you, I can confirm that now Om-SoX finally runs also on Fedora 30. I have tested almost all tutorials-help, there is only a little inconvenient, I don’t know if it depends on my computer: I must use inbuilt OM player, because if I use OM-SoX player graphic server crashes, and I must relogging and reopen all programs and files. This happens as in Wayland and in X server. Only for reporting, if useful.

Ciao

Fabio

Dear Fabio,

It figures, because om player relies on omaudiolib. The other player (om sox) i think is outdated. I will look into that when possible.

Best
K

1 Like

Dear Aliser,

I’ve just read your message. Actually I just got rid of the file /sources/waveforms.lisp.
I’ve noticed that SuperKarim was fast and effective as usual :slight_smile:

Take care,

N.