< Back to IRCAM Forum

Om-sharp and OSC

Hi, does anyone have problems communicating via OSC? With om 7.0 it works fine, with om-sharp I can’t (only communication via midi), even with the right settings. I’m doing something wrong but I don’t understand what…thanks a lot!
(om-sharp 1.7 / macos 10.14.6)

Hello! Could you be more specific on the problem? Maybe share a patch?
Thank you

All my attempts to connect e.g. chord with r-udp player or OMsynth fail. The port is correct (3000), localhos as well (127.0.0.1). The preferences also seem fine to me. Player on osc (not midi). But nothing happens. Thanks for any suggestions.

I think the OSC output of OM# is just not what these players would expect as input. If I remember correctly (with r-udp-player at least, not sure I know what is OMsynth…?) these players work with a dedicated protocol of OSC messages which was initially designed specifically for MicroPlayer (and therefore also specific to OpenMusic).

OM# OSC player is somehow simpler; it just sens a message for each MIDI note or event. You should rather test if it works with Max and udpreceive, for instance, but I doubt these players will work with OM#.