< Back to IRCAM Forum

OM-Modalys example 8 has empty subpatch

Hi !

I am searching for the OM patch called “example 8 - striker” from the “classical examples” folder. When installing Modalys and the OpenMusic components the patch “example 8” arrives with en empty subpatch, and therefore it cannot be evaluated. I have also checked all the way back to version 2.9.6 and the subpatch remains empty in all distributions. So maybe it was never there?

I hope for my lucky day and ask : does anyone happen to have this patch in a working state? I would be very pleased to see it !

I have here uploaded the OM patch in question distributed with version 3.8.1 of Modalys for your own verification.

Kindly Hans Peter

example 8 - striker.omp (694 Bytes)
example 8.omp (50.3 KB)

It turns out that the subpatch “example 8 - striker” is not empty! If opened in a text editor it reveals some Lisp code which somehow remains hidden and such that the main patch cannot connect it properly.

So the questions remains: does anyone happen have this patch in a sound-producing state?

kindly Hans Peter

I decided to respond to my own question and did a remake of example 8 from the original Lisp Code of this example. Find it below. Most importantly the former “example 8 - striker” subpatch has been replaced with a lambda function (so its embedded in the patch).

The lambda function to the foreign call controller is very cryptic to program essentially turning lisp code into modalys controller. Once you get the idea it can be very powefull.

A few elements present in the original Lisp code have been included too, fx the overall gain envelope. And finally note the parameter on the right which is an offset to the speed variation. Playing with it in the range from 0 - 1000 can give quite different timbral result. Enjoy!

Maybe this patch should be included in future releases?

Kindly Hans Peter

example 8 - corrected.omp (64.6 KB)