< Back to IRCAM Forum

OM library FDSDB_XXth_CT update

Hi All,

I hope I am not inopportune in advising that I have made a little update to my algorithmic composition library, version 1.1. Now there is a better control on rhythmic quantization, and about 22 new functions from Babbitt, Donatoni, Stockhausen, Boulez, Nono composition techniques, with integrated documentation and tutorials.

You can download it from here: fdsdbmascagni_english_version - FDSDB_XXth_CT for Open Music

On not Mac computers, please, pay attention to copy the correct folder into your libraries folder:

immagine

This the content of the downloaded zip archive, the folder to be copied is inside the main folder, that is the inner “FDSDB_XXth_CT 1.1” folder.

Best

fdsdb

2 Likes

Hello all
Where is it possible to download tutorials for OM library_XXth_CT update?

Hi Able,

As most libraries. you can load the tutorial patches using the Help menu, then:
Import tutorial Patches->Libraries->The library in question

Best
K

Hi All,

I have finished (I hope without errors), a new update of my library (version 1.2), devoted to composition techniques of XXth Century (and some also of XXIst one). I have added new functions deduced from Messiaen’s “Technique de mon langage musical”: augm+dim, chord-types, chords+durs, chords-canon, chords-rhythmic-canon, chrd-progression, circular-series, custom-augm+dim, interval-cells, interversion, mel-contour, modal-sequence, mode-common-pch, mode-compl, ostinato+var, parallel-chords, parallel-chords-poly, pch-delete, ped-group, point-add, point-add-canon, rhythm+r, rhythmic-canon+del, rhythmic-canon-2v, rhythmic-ped, talea. As always, each example has its own reference to Messiaen’s treatise (page and/or number of the musical example).

You can download it from this page: fdsdbmascagni_english_version - FDSDB_XXth_CT for Open Music, clicking on “Version 1.2” subtitle.

Thanks as usual to Karim Haddad and Torsten Anders for kind useful suggestions and help.

Ciao

fdsdb

1 Like

Many Thanks, and congrats !

I’ve this error :

However, I have the OMAlea Library v.1.1

I’ve download this : GitHub - openmusic-project/Alea: Aleatoric tools for OM but it’s the same behavior

but some works :

OM > "Loading library FDSDB_XXth_CT - v. 1.2"
OM > "Loading library Situation - v. 3.0"
OM > "
===============================
Situation for OM
by Camilo Rueda (c) IRCAM 1992
==============================="

hello smalllotus,

please would you be more specific? please tell us what is not working.
I can confirm your same initial errors but after updating alea with your link it seems everything works. it’s a hard work to try all functions and patches.
thanks in advance,
perti

Dear smalllotus,

Where is the problem ?
Did you load the latest ALea lib? (1.3)

Best
K

Hi perti,

Yes, it works if I load previously the alea lib ! OM doesn’t open the lib Alea by itself

Now, it’s ok, thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,
Concerning me, i just loaded the fdsdb lib, which loaded omalea automaticaly. weird?
are you sure you have the latest version of the lib?
Best
K

I use this one : GitHub - openmusic-project/Alea: Aleatoric tools for OM

but I’ve this, if I don’t open alea before :

I use Big Sur…

====================
 OpenMusic v. 6.19.0.0                            
 r. 2021/05/19
 (c) IRCAM - Representations Musicales
 http://repmus.ircam.fr/openmusic/
 ====================

Loading workspace: '-WS-test' ...
Workspace loaded
OM > "Loading library Alea"
Loading patch: /Users/lotus/Desktop/-WS-test/elements/FDSDB_XXth_CT-tutorial-patches/01_Dodecaphony/02 canonical_forms.omp
OM > "Loading library FDSDB_XXth_CT - v. 1.2"
OM > "Loading library Situation - v. 3.0"
OM > "
===============================
Situation for OM
by Camilo Rueda (c) IRCAM 1992
==============================="
OM > "
 =======================================
 FDSDB_XXth_CT v. 1.1
 Composition techniques of XXth Century
 (c) Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis 2018
"
OM > "ompatch '02 canonical_forms' was upgraded to OM 6.19"

Ok,
maybe it is the lading sequence of the libraries. anyhow, just load alea first,

Best
K

Ok,

You seem you ARE loading Alea first?
So what should I understand of this?

Still having problems?

We have the same idea ! In any case, I just have to do a really little trick… Not so important…

Hi All,

Sorry for the error, I had the same loading the library on OsX (I was working on Linux).

I have corrected, I hope, this error modifying the FDSDB_XXth_CT.lisp file, so now on OsX I have no more the error. I have repeated the line (require-library “OMAlea”), previously included in precedent line. Of course you need OMAlea library on your system, besides Situation library.

So if you download again the library it should have to run correctly. Please, tell me if it’s ok.

I apologize for mistake, thank you for report.

Ciao

Fabio

everything is ok now :slight_smile:

good evening,

Jerome

Hi,

I have just uploaded the library with some refuse corrected, thank you for signalling them. This is the page from which downloading: fdsdbmascagni_english_version - FDSDB_XXth_CT for Open Music and this is the direct download link: FDSDB_XXth_CT 1.2.zip - Google Drive

I hope I have corrected anything, however if you find something wrong, please, tell me. Thank you in advance, ciao

Fabio

Hi,

Another little update, 1.2.1: corrected some refuses, corrected the Messiaen function chords-rhythmic-canon, and added some functions: Ligeti: luxaeterna2, micropolyphony; Harvey: q1-random, q1-user, ritual-melodies; Messiaen: talea-n; Berg: m5m7; Utilities: ord-comb; selection-n.

You can download it here:

Simply clic on Version 1.2.1

I hope you enjoy, Best

Fabio

2 Likes