< Back to IRCAM Forum

OM libraries not recognized in Win 11

Hi All,

A student of mine has installed OM last version, and copied some libraries into OM libraries folder. However when in OM Preferences->Libraries she Apply the configuration, no libraries are visualized, even giving the path manually.

I have not the possibility to verify personally on my student’s computer before Thursday, I ask about something having the same problem in Win 11, and how to resolve it.

Thanks in advance, ciao

Fabio

Dear Fabio,

We need more info tho see what;s wrong here. Is it possible to send the preferences.lisp file inside the workspace?
I tested on my windows 11 and everything’s load normally.

Best
K

Dear Karim,

Here is the preferences.lisp file that my student has sent to me.
preferences.lisp (3.6 KB)
I have noticed that out-files pathmane is repeated two times, so meanwhile I have suggested her by mail to move away the file and to try to restart OM. Sorry I can not be more useful, but I can not verify on her computer until the day after tomorrow morning, and I don’t know last Win environment (since Win98 at home and Win Xp at work I have passed to LInux, as you know, and after I added OsX).

Many thanks, ciao

Fabio

Dear Fabio,

You did well to suggest deleting her preferences.lisp file. It should load again. if start afresh.
Keep me informed.

Best
K

Dear Karim,

The student has deleted the preference file and restarted OpenMusic, but the problem persists. Anyway, tomorrow morning I have lesson with her, so I can use her computer to try to resolving the problem.

I will keep you updated, thank you.

Ciao

Fabio

Dear Fabio,

One thing strange in the preferences.lisp, is the path pointed to the libraries folder. It is all in Uppercase which seems not correct.
Another issue is, that unfortunately, for windows OM application and libraries folder must be on the C: volume and not on a remote. It might be the problem.

Best
K

Dear Karim,

I am at lesson, resolved. It was simply a problem related to a wrong unzipping of libraries folder: on Win or Linux zipped folders from Mac requires to choose the inner folder as library folder. I hope I am explaining good, anyway this is a known problem. This morning I have had the possibility to use the computer of my student, so I have been able to verify that.

Many thanks for your disposability and help. All my Best, ciao

Fabio

1 Like