< Back to IRCAM Forum

OM-Data library - Beta releases

Hi all,

I thought I’d share the beta release of OM-Data, which is a new project I’m working on.

OM-Data is a currently developing library of elementary functions, mostly aimed at data processing and analysis in OpenMusic. The library includes functions for data metrics, classification, sorting, and handling, as well as some functions for midicent manipulation.

These include K-means, DTW, NNS, List-moments, Euclidean-distance, Chroma-count, IC-vector, List-Zscore, List-warp, List-fold, among others.

A list of example patches are included, demonstrating possible musical applications of some these functions.

Since OM-Data is still in its early stages, only beta releases will be made at the moment.

For info on how to install external libraries in OM visit: OpenMusic Libaries

Feel free to try it out and let me know what you think.

Best,

FTH

Hi Felipe,

Thanks for this, I’m looking forward to it. You might also be interested in checking out Padovani’s OM library too: GitHub - zepadovani/OMio: OpenMusic library to import/export different kind of data file types.

All the best,
António

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for the suggestion — I was afraid OMio would render OM-Data redundant but from first glance seems like they might complement quite well. My hope for OM-Data is to make it a handy toolkit for ML implementations in OM.

In any case, if you do end up using OM-Data and run into any issues, please let me know. I’d like to keep improving it.

Best,

FTH