< Back to IRCAM Forum

OM Configuration

Are OM Preferences global only? For example, is it possible to have different MIDI configurations for different patches or perhaps different workspaces?

Dear mwolfthal,

OM preferences are global for the related workspace. So you can change workspaces with other preferences. May i ask why do you need a different preference for each patch? Can you give an example?

Best
K

Currently I have a patch sending output to a configuration of instruments in ViennaEnsemble using a virtual MIDI channel. I was wondering whether I could set up a patch with a different configuration (and a different channel) in the same workspace.

Ok, What i suggest you to do is to use ports.
For instance, you can allocate port 0 (the default) to ViennaEnsmble and other ports to whatever you like, after configuring the ports in the preferences. This might be a good solution.

BEst
K

I see - and then I set the global port for each object in the inspection window. This actually seems to work for sending different chords to different samplers even in the same patch. By the way I am using Tobias Erichsen’s LoopMidi on Windows, which works perfectly.