< Back to IRCAM Forum

OM-Chant 3.0 file error

Hello - I’m new to Chant, and haven’t used OM for a number of years. I’ve downloaded Chant 3.0 and am running OM 6.15 (on macOS Mojave 10.14). Every time I run any one of the tutorial patches I get the same type of error: Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 15.56.54|614x500

The only thing I’m unsure about is that after I installed the library, there was no option to add specify a file path in the externals of preferences, so I just specified the Chant path for the multiplayer field. I’m not sure if this has anything to do with the error, or is a problem.

Dear Chris,

No you need to point int the external preferences to the chant binary. It is in the library itself in : resources/bin/macos/ Choose the chant binary and this will work.

Best
K

Hello. Can you check / report what’s in the OM Listener when you run the synthesis ?

In principle OM-Chant 3.0 includes Chant binaries so you shouldn’t have to set the Chant path anywhere.

Best,
—Jean

Thank you both! The listener is giving me this: Workspace loaded
APPLYING PREFERENCES…
OM > “Library OM-Chant (3.0) already exists!!”
APPLYING PREFERENCES…
Loading patch: /Users/applemac/Documents/OM Start/elements/OMio-master-tutorial-patches/csv/1. csv-floats-in.omp
Loading patch: /Users/applemac/Documents/OM Start/elements/OM-Chant-tutorial-patches/04-basic-fof.omp
Loading sound file info: ‘/Users/applemac/Documents/OM Start/out-files/ch_04-basic-fof.aiff’
Error loading file #P"/Users/applemac/Documents/OM Start/out-files/ch_04-basic-fof.aiff"
OM > “Initializing SDIF…”
OM-Chant :: ==========================
OM-Chant :: CHANT synthesis patch: 0
OM-Chant :: CHANT SYNTHESIS
OM-Chant :: Running CHANT with /Users/applemac/Documents/OM Start/out-files/ch_04-basic-fof.sdif
OM-Chant :: Number of channels= 1
Removing files:
#P"/Users/applemac/Documents/OM Start/out-files/ch_04-basic-fof.sdif"
Loading sound file info: ‘/Users/applemac/Documents/OM Start/out-files/ch_04-basic-fof.aiff’
Error loading file #P"/Users/applemac/Documents/OM Start/out-files/ch_04-basic-fof.aiff"
OM => #<sound 401000A13B>

Maybe if you check out the autoloaded libraries preferences, and start anew.
it seems you are loading them twice… or maybe you have two chant library in your library folder. Or you have two same om library path folders selected.

Thanks Karim. Perhaps these two problems (this one, and the one on the other thread) are related? I removed all locations except 1, and managed to get down from 3 copies of OMio to just 2, but it hasn’t fixed the error with Chant, either

Thanks so much for your help!

Now that I’ve cleaned up the paths (and fixed the problem on the other thread…), I have a different error with Chant Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 17.42.16

this indicates that there is somewhere, (library, personal code ?) a function by the name of transition, something like (defun transition…
But transition is a slot name in omChroma. So you have a conflicting naming in the same om package. Did you load any other library or another code ?

1 Like

Thanks so much, Karim! You’ve made my day (twice now!). Yes, I hadn’t realised I had some of my own old code in my user folder that included a ‘transition’ function, which I’ve now renamed and everything is working. For anyone searching in the future, I’ll just add fixed error message in text : “transition is defined as an ordinary function” and “interpreted function transition 415000BA44”

User/applemac/OM/Libraries/ is already the default folder for OM libraries (see text on the preferences window picture attached in your post). So you must not add it as an additional folder, otherwise all the libraries will be detected twice.