< Back to IRCAM Forum

OM 7.1 Error Messages During Loading Libs

Hello Karim,

Thank you very much for the work of new version!
I met a issue while loading the library Clouds as well as my own libraries. The error messages are displayed as:

It seems that the running way of gen-code-call was modified, do you have some ideas or examples to get a way to avoid this issue? Thank you very much.

I am running om7.1 on a 10.15.6 System with Intel Chip.

Best wishes,
Jialin

Dear Karim,

I just tested the new way of alt+cmd+click for connection. That is really amazing feature which will accelerate the patching workflow more than 200%.

Only a small side effect : on Mac, the pressed option + click will very easily lead to duplication of the box, maybe there is a way to improve this in the future version? (I am not sure maybe increase the threshold of click-drag for the duplication)

Thank you again for the amazing optimization !

Best wishes,
Jialin

Dear Jialinliu,

Yes i am sorry for that (didn’t suspect that it was used in libraries). However it is easy to update. Just look in the code for:

(defmethod gen-code-call ((self whatever))
[whatever could be anything]
and just add:
(defmethod gen-code-call ((self whatever) &optional args)
And all will work as expected.

I added this to allow some enhancements to OM’s code (coming soon).

I will fix the omcloud linrary on our github site. If you need me to help you aout with your libraries, please do send them to me and i will fix them.

Best
K

1 Like

Dear Jialinliu,

Thank you for your feedback about auto-connections. Yes, indeed, i will see what i can do about the option+click issue. Computers are getting so fast, it is easy to get mixed up with shortcuts :slight_smile:
Best
K

1 Like

Thank you Karim! I just updated the &optional argument for gen-code-call.
This works perfectly!

Best wishes,
Jialin

Cher Karim,

ou puis-je me renseigner sur les auto-connexions, ça me parait tricky

Best,

Jerome

j’ai trouvé ça : https://forum.ircam.fr/media/uploads/shortcuts_vid.mp4

Oui c’est bien ca.
Mais je be vois aucun rapport par rapport au sujet du thread ???