< Back to IRCAM Forum

OM 6.20 on Linux - little visualization issue

Hi,

Thank you for update, I have just installed it on Fedora 32. I wanted only, if useful, to show a little visual issue, in some Preferences tabs: explanation text overlaps. I enclose some screenshots.

immagine

immagine

I can not resize the window, so I don’t know if it could resolve the issue.

I hope this is useful, ciao

Fabio

Dear Fabio,

I am sorry for this issue. Did this happen in version 6.19?
Can you tell me what WM (window manager) are you running, so i can see the issue here. I tested it on Fedora32 running xfce and i don’t have this issue:

You can type env in a terminal and send me the output if you don’t know.
Will do my best to resolve it.

Best
K

… thinking about it, it might be a silly font substitution bug, meaning the system replaced the default font that Om uses by another one…

Hi Karim,

Thanks for fast reply, and no problems at all. Indeed the issue is present also with 6.19 version, I apologize for not transmitting before…
I use Gnome with Xorg (not Wayland), however I have verified that it’s the same logging with Wayland.
It is not very important, it is only for report.

Ciao

Fabio

Dear Fabio,

Ok then, it is not related to the latest release.
I think you are missing this font: Liberation Sans
Please do check if this font is present on your system:
xlsfonts | grep -i liberation
if you don’t have a feedback in the terminal this means you have to install them. The package is:
liberation-fonts-common-1:2.1.0-1.fc32.noarch

Keep me informed.

Best
K

Dear Karim,

I have those fonts installed, version 1:2.1.0-1. I have tried also to downgrade to the version you have indicated, but there is no positive result. Next two days I wull have lesson all day long, so I will be not very responsive in answering, sorry. The issue is not urgent, so, please, don’t be in a hurry.

Best

Fabio

Hi Karim.

I have realized the issue is probably dued to my system computer visualization: I have set a bigger text in “Accesso universale” (Universal access?) settings, to read better the text in my system menus and interface.
I enclose two screenshots without bigger text and with bigger text settng:

In changing the setting the OM Preferences window does not resize, so the text goes out of borders.

I hope this help.

Ciao

Fabio

Dear Fabio,

Ok so this is not related to the OM versions, and not related particularly to Fedora. It is related to the gnome desktop window manager.

Unfortunately, using this setting will garble many panels in OM, because it relies on the LW’s CAPI interface and that’s how it reacts with gnome. So there is not much we can do, even of we permit the resizing of these panel, the problem will stay the same. So I advise not to use this option in Gnome.

Sorry about this.

Best
K

Dear Karim,

Thank you as usual for help. I will survive :slight_smile:
About the rest the software works like a charm.

Ciao

Fabio

Thank you Fabio,

Please don’t hesitate if you encounter another issue or a bug. Reporting issues is very enriching and makes things evolve.

Best
K