< Back to IRCAM Forum

Not updating changes issue

This happened mainly with loops:

Loop 1 produces a result 1, as expected. That’s fine.
I make changes (connections or adding or substracting boxes inside of it, etc) to what was loop 1, and get result 2.
The issue is, if I revert the changes of this new loop back to what it was as loop 1, I get result 2, not result 1 as expected.

This happened in one loop or a very similar situation like:
Loop 1 ,result 1. Fine
Duplicate loop 1, name it loop 2, make changes get result 2.
Replicate the exact content of loop 1 on loop 2 and still get result 2.

These two cases shown are proofs that I checked of this issue, and very easy to describe.

This same behaviour of not updating changes happens somehow like this (which might be not so easy to describe):

I make changes to a loop, and for example the change gets an error like “wrong type” or anything, I make the mandatory change like feeding the right type and still get the error message. To be clear, I know the change I made is supposed to fix the error. Then, (this is the random and misterious part of it) I disconnect something, move around the box, reconnect it in the same place, and I get no error message.
Also I initialize the loop several times and don’t get the error messages.

I think you get what I mean, to put is simply: I get a message of an error, I fix it, evaluate and still get the error. Do some nonsense like connecting disconnecting the same stuff, or initialize the loop and I don’t get the error message, because of course I already fixed it.

This happened to me many many times, it’s like almost every time, for perhaps 50 different loops. I cannot upload one, because the behaviour I’m referring to is random. I use version 6.19.

Overall seems like there’s a not-updating issue. Be it getting wrong results or errors.

Hi A,

As you may have noticed, you cannot save a loop while you are in omloop’s editing window. So if you have changes, and most particularly after an error, it is good to click on the patch where the loop is and do a small save: ctrl/cmd+s

Best
K

Well I tried that as well, I think I still got problems. I will pay special attention on saving to check if the situation continues, and report back to this thread if it is so.