< Back to IRCAM Forum

News Translations

Hello

It seems we can not change the language and translate (or edit the translation) of the News.

Clicking on “English” just reloads the French page.

Hello!

May I ask which “English” button/link you are clicking?

I looked into a news post you have created, and can access both English and French:

/om-6-6/

/openmusic-6-6/?lang=en

To edit either one, you can go into the post and click on the pencil icon on the top right corner box in “Languages”

CloudApp — Not Found

Hello,

That’s this “pencil” icon I try to click.

It reloads the french page.

Hm. Can you please try creating a new post as a test and see if it also happens?

Thanks for your patience!

Yes, it seems to work now with the new one.

The previous one (OM 6.6) maybe stopped working after arshia edited the post.

This is probably some ownership issue…

Ginger,

I did the translation but I changed its AUTHOR to Jean… .

I also saw this wierd situation with Tribunes: I translated two tribunes so far and declared the (English) translations’ authors as the French ones. But they don’t seem to be able to EDIT the translation… .

In general, the CREATOR of a post, should also be able to Edit the translation (even if he/she hasn’t initiated the translation page). Maybe that’s why?

Okay. Keep us posted if it happens again. We’ve been making some back-end fixes as well, so something may have affected previously published posts.

Thanks.

Hi, just following up, but is this still an issue?

yes, but it is maybe because the news was created “earlier”

I’ll let you know when I create another one

There is also a problem with the news reply: they appear only in one of the two versions of the news page (see the OM 6.6 news).

I don’t think it is reasonable to think that everything will be translated all the time: (if it is not already the case) the replies (whatever in which language they are) shall probably be shared between the two versions of the news webpages.

(see for instance http://forumnet.ircam.fr/om-6-6/ vs. http://forumnet.ircam.fr/openmusic-6-6/?lang=en)