< Back to IRCAM Forum

New version of Patterns lib - v1.1

There’s a new version of the “Patterns”-lib at the usual place:

Main improvement is support for copy/save for all Pattern-classes. Boxes with Pattern-classes will now be saved together with their internal state when saving patches.

Instances can be duplicated or copied to other patches, while maintaining their current state. Useful for comparing versions and testing variants without loosing their current state.

As well, some of the tutorial patches have got a face-lift.

Have fun!

-anders

2 Likes

Patterns v.1.1.1 : only fix is saving state in some more special-case patterns and structures - most notably p-graph:

Release v1.1.1 · openmusic-project/Patterns · GitHub

Hi Anders,

I wish you all the best for 2024. I put Patterns in the OM folder, where I put all my libraries, and it is not recognized by OM 7.4 on MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1.

Hi,

I don’t know if pertinent, but could it be that you have not put the correct folder into your location? if I unstuff the archive I obtain a folder “Patterns-1.1” inside which I have another folder “Patterns”; this one is the correct folder to move into your library location.
I hope this help, ciao

fdsdb

Hi Fabio,

I installed the library cleanly in my current folder. The folder contains only the library. By the way, it’s important to say that you can add a version number, because the space hyphenates the lib name and the version number.

Best,

Jerome

Hmm, something strange going on there, no idea what.

Could it be is isn’t loaded yet? Ie. either by calling one on the classes/functions from the lib, or make it auto-load in the Libraries-tab in your prefs.

Sorry, to not be of much help. Perhaps someone on the list has a suggestion?

If you send us the whole ouput from your listener (preferably as text, much easier to check than screenshots), someone here might be able to help.

what are the values of your om-lib-dir user-lib-dir?

(One way to check would be pasting the two variable-names in to a lisp-editor and evaluate it (perhaps Ctrl-y) )

It works ! I don’t know why it doesn’t appears in the library menu

many thanks

great you got it to work!

Dear all,

The library loads normally. No problem here!
Thanx for all Anders.

Best
K

Now, it’s Ok, the lib appears in the lib window.

Best,

Jerome

That’s wonderful. Did you find the problem?

No, it just works now ! :slight_smile:

OSX Sonoma 14.2.1 on Silicon MacMini

Hi all,

Confirmed to be working on MacOS Monterey 12.6.2. I’ve just been getting into Patterns so this is a nice new years gift. Thanks Anders!

Kjel