< Back to IRCAM Forum

Multiple outs in lua stopped working

Hi there! Good to see the activities around the updated mlys (lua).

I have e desire to dive in an implement some differential functions in lua. The patch provided is just a harmonic oscillator (implemented as a differential function). It needs 2 outputs for lua, which worked fine in the beginning when setting up the script, but after some editing forth and back of the lua script the second outlet stopped working. I am unable to rewake the second outlet (nor by re-instantiating mlys.lua and modalys~, clearing the scripts, etc) as if something godt stuck in the compilation of the script. I tried moved the patch to another machine, same result. Kind of weird.

Any help is much appriciated, kindly Hans Peter Stubbe

lua_Harmonic-Oscillator-[EDIT].maxpat (33.6 KB)

Dear Hans Peter,
It is nice to have you back on the discussion group!
I will take a look at the issue next week.
Thank you for your patience,
Robert

Oh, I found it! My blunder! it’s the @channel numbers of the mlys.point-outputs which are both set to 1. I had them set differently through the inspector when starting up the patch, but along the way I must have changed names of the point-outputs, which of course causes them to re-initialise. A brainbug!

Here’s a suggestion:
It would be nice if renaming mlys objects did not cause them to reinit as well, loosing all values set by the inspector. Of course good practice tells us to put in any attributes we want to fix. However its a pity one can rely on on Max’s inspector which in so many other patching circumstances work well.

All the best Hans Peter

It would be nice if renaming mlys objects did not cause them to reinit as well, loosing all values set by the inspector.

This is already the case for mlys.lua! :wink: (I could generalize it, though…)
Robert