< Back to IRCAM Forum

Multi-item-list

Bonsoir Karim,

J’espere que tous va bien…

Je suis en train de construire une patch avec
pour choisir different options

Il me donne toujours une nil dans l’évaluation même si je sélectionne quelque chose dans la liste.

Est-ce que tu as le même problème ou que c’est une probleme connu?

OM 6.19
High Sierra 10.13.6

Merci,

Claudia

Chere Claudia,

Comme il est dit dans la doc (ci-dessous), il faut verouiller l’objet apres evaluation.
Je vais voir si cela marche encore sur mac. Mais c’est bien possible que cela soit la raison que tu as un nil…

Amities

K
PS: Sinon utiliser la derniere version OM 6.20

MULTI-ITEM-LIST

[class]
Slots:  (items list of choices)

The MULTI-ITEM-LIST box provides an interface to give a (possibly multiple) choice from a list in a patch execution.

Use ‘m’ to show/hide the box interface.

Connect a list of choices to the input and evaluate the box (‘v’) to display them in the box.
The box output will return the list of selected items, or NIL if no item is selected.

[Warning: MULTI-ITEM-LIST should be locked (‘b’) in order to prevent the contents and selection to be overwriten by the box input data.]

Ok Karim,
thanks!
I was sure I was doing exactly the same thing but I guess I wasn’t.
I don’t think I changed anything, but now it works.
I will let you know if I see some bug again in OM 6.20

Thanks again,

C

Dear Karim, short update:
actually, now the individual box works if I evaluate it

while if it is connected to another operation or subpatch it always gives nil.

Anyway I will try later on (in few weeks) in with OM 6.20 and give you updates…

Thanks

Claudia

Dear Claudia,

Apparently it is the behavior of the box. You should evaluate it , then bloc it, then be sure to extend it so most of the items are apparent, Then clibk on one item (maybe double clic to be sure it is selected, Then you will have the correct output.

Sure it needs some optimization. But it is not OM version related, it is the box’s behavior that is weird.

Best
K

Yes Karim
So sorry, the problem is finally clear: the output of the box gives my a list with one element, while I was working with strings, not with lists.

Now all is solved,

thanks again !

C

1 Like