< Back to IRCAM Forum

MuBu container cannot read some wav files

Hello,

I am getting inconsistent read errors with reading .wav audio files into a container. Here are two files:

https://vault.sfu.ca/index.php/s/RaNWIkdD6DqKTLY

1.wav file gives the following error:
MuBu: cannot read data from file ‘…/1.wav’

In contrast, 2.wav file loads successfully. Both files are same type, same bit-rate and samplerate. Do you have any idea why one of them fails?

Thank you,

PS: OS: Windows 10, Max version: 8.1.3., MuBu version 1.9.13

Hi, both load fine on OSX, but there is now Mubu 1.9.14 for Windows, so please try with that release.

Hello, thanks for the swift reply. I am still having issues loading some .wav files, and I can confirm that some of my colleagues are also having the same issue. We have tested on three Windows devices so far.

I tested MuBu version 1.9.14 on Max 8.1.5 on Windows 10. 1.wav loads on this version, but 2.wav still gives the error:
MuBu: cannot read data from file ‘C:/Users/root488/Desktop/MuBu-question/2.wav’

I get this error with other .wav files sometimes. Surprisingly, I can only solve this issue by importing and exporting the .wav files on Ableton Live. Import/Export with Audacity, or a python script didn’t solve the issue.

Do you have any ideas? I am working with a set of audio files; hence, sometimes it is too tedious to import/export sounds on a DAW to fix this issue.

Thank you so much for looking into this,

Hi,
we have finally fixed the bug. Mubu for some reason wanted to load the wav file as an sdif file. The bug fix will be available in the next release.

Best

Hi everyone! I’ve been experiencing the same problem on the last release of Mubu running in Windows. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone found a solution to this? I cannot open any .wav file.

Thank you very much!

Hi,
here with the latest release everything seems to work (at least with the wav files I usually use). Could you share any files for which reading does not work?
Thank you!
Riccardo

Hi Augustin, this might be a different issue. Are there any messages on the Max console?

Hi Diemo, there’s nothing more than this message. I wonder what should it be.

The same happens when I try to read or readappend a file of mine.

very strange… I suppose these files open fine in other programs.
What message are you sending to read the files, and what operating system are you on?

Hi, Diemo! I hadn’t seen this answer! I can get the exmaple files to open ok (cello-f2.aif and so) but it is not possible to load any other file. I’ve tried to convert files to .aif 44100hz 16bits just in case, but even then they won’t load. I was using readappend $1 and read to load files. I’ve tried loading an entire folder but it didn’t work either. Any help in this regard would be much appreciated!

I forgot to answer: I am running on Windows 10.