< Back to IRCAM Forum

MuBu Buffer and SuperVP Documentation / Tutorials?

Is there any documentation or tutorials on how to best integrate supervp objects with the audio contained in a mubu buffer?

I’m familiar enough with using supervp objects but don’t quite understand what is possible with the mubu objects and what the most interesting use cases are.

Is it that you can use supervp.scrub to read through audio in a new way? If so, how is this possible?

Hi srs, that’s explained in the supervp-from-mubu-audio patch, accessible from supervp help files.

Hi Schwarz - thanks for your response. I had looked at that but my question is about what new ways it can be used?

The supervp-from-mubu-audio patch seems to operate in much the way as when using a standard buffer aside from appending different audio files and selecting them via the index.

Is there a specific use case that expands on this somehow? I’d like to explore it more as it seems like it has potential and it would be great to see a patch as an example. From the ‘MUBU & Friends’ article,

“In addition to the excellent sound transformation quality of the phase vocoder practically free of artefacts, the connection of SuperVP with MuBu provides the possibility of applying sound transformations as a function of previously extracted audio descriptors and segmentation. This permits to impose within certain limits an arbitrary evolution of temporality, monophonic pitch, loudness and spectral envelope to a given sound and create sounds by hybridisation of feature extracted from two or multiple sounds. In our prototype applications, we have used SuperVP to transform and hybridise strictly monophonic sounds recorded from solo instruments and voices.

What are these prototype applications and are they accessible as Max patches?

How can supervp be used in this way specifically and what kind of operations need to happen using the mubu buffer in order to enable this on a new soundfile (ie. with no analysis info yet)?

Thanks

S