< Back to IRCAM Forum

Move the scatterplot plotted dots after descriptors have done their job and save it

Hi, is it possible to move the plotted grains after the descriptors have displayed them in the scatterplot mode? I have managed to move them in Skatart, but as soon as I “solo” them or reload the patch, the new position where I have to move the dots is forgotten. See the attached video. https://youtu.be/R8MTRBH7Sj4
I have also tried this in MUBU, but the result is the same.
In the MUBU Overview in the “example” section, I have found this “Scatterplot Manual Labelling” patch, but I don’t know how to make it work with descriptors and other MUBU objects.

In a simple way, my question is. Is it possible to reposition the scatterplot dots after the descriptors have done their job? Is it possible to turn off the descriptors in the x-y axes?
In essence, I would like to custom organise the dots after or even without descriptors and then save it. Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Hi Andrej,

great idea! This is for the moment only possible in catart-mubu, where you can save the edited point positions in a .mubu file.
If you want to work with completely manual positions (but use descriptors for segmentation), you can generate 2 empty columns adding the const pipo module.

We will consider this possibility in a future version 2 of Skatart. However, as you already hacked into the device (;-), you could edit the positions numerically in the per-voice dicts in [p MubuToDict] (search for “r —AllDicts”), or in the saved .json file.

Best!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. That would be great if can be somehow implemented in Skatart. Sure will check the catart-mubu and skatart and try that. I have already tried by adding the pattr & patterstorage object to imubu but it didn’t work.

Sure I have seen the todict message in imubu, but I also couldn’t make it work, will sure retry because I didn’t see the [p MubuToDict].

Thanks for your answers! Will try and let you know how it goes.
Best!