< Back to IRCAM Forum

Modalys Help Files

Hi there!

Two issues concerning help on mlys patching in Max:

Here’s an Modalys overview patch (to put in the extra folder, so that it shows up in the Max extras menu).
Clearly help files are work in progress, but with the overview one may have an idea of whats missing.
I would suggest that anyone having simple examples of the missing help files could post them here.

Also I noticed that the information given when pointing to an input or output of an object is often far from helpful.
Fx for the mlys.force input it says “input access 1” and for the output is says “output access 1”. See attached screen photos.
This may reflect (to some degree) whats going on in the script, but does not reflect the patch flow in Max.
in Max pointing to the input should rather say “controller to set force” and for the output “connect to an access of an object”.
I think it would help people in their workflow if these informations better reflected what the object needs to receive and connect to in Max.
What it ends up looking like in the script will be for advanced users to digest.

What do you think?

Best Hans Peter

Modalys-Overview.maxpat (301 KB)

Thank you Hans-Peter!

Yes we need to complete the help files!
I try to add some new ones every release.

Once the help files are complete, you overview patch could be inserted into the release.

If anyone from the beta wants to contribute, feel free! :wink:

Robert