< Back to IRCAM Forum

Modalys does not work under MAX 8.6.0

Hi,

On my computer (M2 macbookpro 16" 2023 and Sonoma 14.2.1) modalys is not working under MAX 8.6.0. MAX 8.5.7 is ok though.

Best, Hans.

1 Like

I am experiencing the same thing.

“Unable to load object bundle executable” I have confirmed installation is correct.

Perhaps in relation to this: https://cycling74.com/forums/jloader-unable-to-load-object-bundle-executable-86-install

“The developer probably needs to recompile on MacOS without MaxAPI.framework linkage (instead using the linker flags provided with the SDK). This has been deprecated for years, and is now disallowed as of 8.6.”

Thanks,

Simon

1 Like

Dear all,
I confirm the same trouble.
Please, solve it as soon as possible!

Thanks in advance
Maurilio Cacciatore

1 Like

A further detail:

It is only the [modalys~] object which produces the “Unable to load object bundle executable” error.

All the other objects seem fine. Tested with Max 8.6.1 as well.

Thanks,

Simon

Same issue here. [modalys~] object produces “Unable to load object bundle executable”. 8.6+

same issue here. [mac os 12.6.1 / max 8.6.1]

same issue here. [M2 MAX / mac os 12.2.1 / max 8.6.1]

Same here.
macOs Monterey 12.7.3
Max 8.6.1
Modalys 3.8.2
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) CPU 2,5 GHz Intel Core i7 quad-core.

Mostly IRCAM’s software gets updated around the IRCAM forum days. Modalys didn’t. Is there still a team working on this? No reply either.

Hi,

Yes we are working on it!
Please understand that the combination of fast pace-released OSes (especially MacOS…), chips, platforms and usages makes it sometimes tricky and frustrating - and we are a small team!

Modalys 3.8.2 will be publically released soon, addressing all known issues.
Thank you for your patience!

Robert @IRCAM

4 Likes

Thanks. Good to hear that!!!

1 Like