The latest beta release Modalys 3.8.1 rc3 is available from a google drive location.
rc3 means that we are very, very, very (…) close to official release!!
This Mac & Windows build includes:
- Modalys for Max
- crash in luafunction message fixed.
- mlys.lua/dynamic controller: value parameter was ignored (set to zero) if the dimension parameter was specified.
- mlys.lua: several parameter inconsistencies (objects, controllers…) have been fixed.
- rect-plate object was messed up previous builds (lua context)
- pitch parameter for objects: more graceful handling in lua context.
- New examples: ‘tube, reed, and holes’, ‘controller_set_value’ etc.
- revamped Extras Menu Modalys item with updated examples.
setcentspitchbend & setspectraldiffraction:
- messages can now be passed with a controller name (rather than a fixed value)
- now available in Lua as ‘set_cents_pitchbend’ & ‘set_spectral_diffraction’ (object, value/controller).
- now work with tri-hybrid objects.
- apply_envelope (Lua): 1) more flexible syntax 2) more graceful handling of multidimensional controllers.
- changing mode shapes through setinfo did not have any hearable effect!
- set_value (Lua) was broken in b3.
- mlys controllers: the target-attribute parameter had been accidentally missing for a while…
- reed connection (through mlys.lua): tube and reed accesses were reversed! (also in the documentation…)
- sound output fix (was strange in b1…)
- more precision in applyenvelope message (target value).
- [setinfo value] message can now be applied to a multidimensional controller.
- mlys.lua: more robust handling of external editor (especially on Windows!)
- mlys.lua: set_value function now works with array for multimensional controllers, with time and rank optional parameters.
- Ongoing update
- Tube and reed accesses were in wrong positions in Reed Connection.
As usual the updated beta documentation can be viewed here.
Happy testing and playing with Modalys!