< Back to IRCAM Forum

ModaLisp Graph Error OS 10.14.6

Hi,

I’m trying to run a simple script following a tutorial which involves plotting a graph. When the buffer is in full-screen mode, ModaLisp stops responding and I have to force quit (the graph window opens but it’s empty, there’s only a reset button, which I can’t press due to the spinning rainbow of doom). When the buffer is NOT in full-screen mode the sound plays fine but the graph never shows, I can only see an empty window when I rick click on the app in Dock and select Show All Windows.

I’m running Mojave 10.14.6, is it caused by the version of the OS, anyone knows a solution?

Thanks

Goodmorning,
I had the same plot issues and i suppose it is concerning the MacOs version that we are running (Mojave as you) 3 months ago while i was creating my degree thesis on modal synthesis (and I gave up because it was a wasting of time).
I have alse an old iMac with El Capitan installed onto it so I’ll give it a try to see if everything works fine on that version of OS.

That’d be great, I wanna incorporate modal synthesis into my BA, did you go for any other software?

I used Matlab (i have student license since i also study mechatronic engineering at padua university), AutoCad, Modalys and Max 8 and other stuff i wrote in c language.
There is no plenty off software that let you analyze modal synthesis and so you have to reinvent yourself or get external plug ins.
However, in mac os 10.11.xx and 10.12.xx the plotter works pretty well and so i think it’s an OS version problem.
Greetings