< Back to IRCAM Forum

Marker Import from Text

Hello all,

I can see the [very useful] Export Marker as Text feature in AudioSculpt. Is there any plans to Import Markers also from Text of the same format? I know that the preferred way is to use SDIF but I’m asking if there is a simple solution to a simple demand… . Especially useful when going back and forth with non-Ircam software… .

Cheers,

Arshia Cont

Hello Arshia,

I use the copy-paste feature with EAnalysis to import markers from Audiosculpt:

• Menu Edit > Select All Visible Markers
  • Menu Edit > Copy
    Then paste in EAnalysis or any software that accept text paste

Best,
Pierre

Hi,

Some utilities for converting sdiff to txt and vice-versa are in the AS/SDIF Utilities/Droplets folder.

Hope it helps

Bye

N.

Hello all,

Are there ways to add “text” annotations that accompany a Marker? The idea is to have a Marker accompanied by a text that is exported either in the TEXT or SDIFF format?

I somehow remember that using the .lab format this feature is supported but I don’t find anything in GUI to add text information to existing Manual or Automatic markers.

Thanks in advance,

Arshia Cont

My bad… everything is explained here: http://support.ircam.fr/docs/AudioSculpt/3.0/co/Marqueurs%20Parameters.html

In short: Open the Inspector and edit Label!

Hi Arshia,

Yes, you can edit the label text information directly in the inspector.

NB: There should also be soon a correction concerning some UTF-8 rendering problems in the rendering.

The SDIF export/import should take care of the label information.

Concerning the Text Import option, i’ll try to add it.
It is currently possible to copy the markers in the pasteboard and copy their data in a TextEditor.
Then you can revert the operation and paste the text data inside AudioSculpt BUT all markers will be inserted (and shifted) from the insertion point.

So in short, i’ll try to integrate the markers text import + paste option (with and without the shift) as soon as i can. (but do not expect it to be done very soon)

Hope you’re well !

Best,
Charles

@Picasso: Thanks for your reply concerning Text Import option. I actually found my way through SDIF so as far as I’m concerned it’s not a priority anymore!

If there was one feature I could ask your team it would be this one: So that AudioSculpt, in an open session, would remember my previous FOLDER when Processing/Saving output. It actually brings me to default AS application folders everytime. You can imagine how much time this could save everyone and I bet it’s easier than the text import! :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Arshia Cont

I think there’s an environment option (SFDIR) in AS preferences

N.