< Back to IRCAM Forum

Maquette question

I have been relying on maquettes more frequently lately, but I keep running into one major problem: if two temporal boxes are touching (or instances, for that matter), the maquette2obj will throw the second object onto new staves. So let’s say you are trying to arrange a string of four-staff polys - if they don’t touch, they will all come out on the same four staves, but if they do touch, they will be all over the place. I am perplexed as to how to work around this. With multi-seqs, it’s not such a big problem to fix it after the fact, but it’s much harder to move things around from voice to voice in a poly.

There is, of course, the option of concatting polys (eg in a temporal object), but to some extent this largely defeats the purpose of using a maquette. My Lisp skills are almost nonexistent, but I wonder how difficult it would be to create some kind of function to specify the allocation of voices to staves. There seem to be some older patches around for organizing maquettes, but they appear to be deprecated.

I guess one solution would be to break everything up into single voices, and keep them in line using sub-maquettes? Am I doing this wrong?