< Back to IRCAM Forum

Linux SuperVP installation

I’m getting this error after installing SuperVP on Kubuntu 22.10:

./supervp: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0: version 'GLIBC_PRIVATE' not found (required by /install-supervp/supervp_support_libs/librt.so.1)

Also: The installer doesn’t work from a directory which has spaces in it.

Is this still supported software? The Readme says copyright 1990-2008!

Hello mxa

thanks for the report. For the Forum distribution, we compile with debian and I would have supposed that debian derivates keep the basic system libraries in a compatible configuration. I checked on my private Ubuntu though and I have the same problem. I was able to solve the problem by means of removing the librt.so that is delivered with SuperVP. So after installing supervp in my $HOME directory (installer option 1) I did run

rm  $HOME/svp/lib/librt.so.1

After this supervp will use the system provided librt and it appears that the systems librt is compatible with the rest of the libs delivered in SuperVP.

Also: The installer doesn’t work from a directory which has spaces in it.

Yep, that is true. We may see whether we can fix that in future releases.

Is this still supported software? The Readme says copyright 1990-2008!

Funny how quick the time passes. I thought I had updated the README yesterday :slight_smile:

Best
Axel

Hi Axel,

same error and quite the same fix when installing on unbuntu 22.04 as root on /usr/local, I just removed file /usr/local/bin/supervp_support_libs/librt.so.1.

Same with pm2.

A new version (2.0.7) of pm2 and supervp is available and should fix those issues:

• librt.so is no longer included
  • installing from or to a path containing spaces should work
  • copyright year should be correct in README (linux/windows) and plists (Mac)
3 Likes