< Back to IRCAM Forum

Lapack Error 202 or Lapack Error -302

Hi Everyone,

I am currently working with the Finite Element Object. There are 2 questions by programming.

;=================================================================================================================

— First question is about the Lapack Error 202 (and sometimes -302).
If I do (compute-modes …) with this FEM Object (see attachment) with a number of modes more than 1000, I will get this error, and if I do the same with a number of modes less than 900, it works well.

The point is, this is an object with very rich spectrum, 1000 modes can just get the frequency under 1500 Hz, I think I will need about 5000 to 8000 modes to get the full spectrum.

The same error occurs also in another project I created. It contains too many OM functions which I linked them in component/lisp/init/…, so it is difficult to run on another computer. But I have added a picture of the object in attachment.

;=================================================================================================================

— Second question is about the (view 'object …)
It can not display the mesh. If I evaluate this line, the medit will open and quit immediately.
Is it normal?
I used the 10.11 EI Capitan.

Thank you very much for the help in advance!

All the best,
Jialin Liu

2.Panorama_Side.png

Does your syntax is in a form (view 'mesh your_solid_name)?

Does your syntax is in form like (view 'mode your_solid_name l m n) with l,m,n costant number {l number of the mode you want to display, m number of fps and n number of oscillations per second} work instead after you had compute modes with (compute-modes your_solid_name)?
Mac Os Mojave 10.14.6 here everything working.

Hello, Thank you for the response, I think the problem of this issue is during the process of (computer-modes), the “view” function works normally.
Since this is a very old issue, I will try again in the new system and new version.
Thanks again for the experience of Mojave :))