< Back to IRCAM Forum

Input representation IrcamDescriptors~ Question...

Hi Ircamdescriptor~t eam…

Tree questions (same than ATRIUM, 31 janvier 2013 15:42:49 HNEC),

1. First one (which has already been answered, but I can not find the e-mail) : in the IrcamDescriptors~ analysis

what is the default type of representation of the amplitude spectrum (the SFFT)? linear, power (amplitude ^ 2) log … ??

In the terminal version there was the choice for the input and output representations… …

1. It changes according with the descriptor computed, no ??

2. BTW, I see in the help of ~ IrcamDescriptors the message “setvar” with arguments:

set var “lin-ampl/lin-freq” or “log-ampl/log-freq”

Could you explain me it ?, it seems to be an answer to my question… but I can’t figure how it really works

Thank you in advance

MIkhail

Dear Mikhail,

ad 1) listdescriptors will tell you that the choice is per descriptor, and that the default is all linear, e.g.:

SpectralCentroid dimension 1 (lin-ampl/lin-freq (default), power-ampl/lin-freq, log-ampl/lin-freq, lin-ampl/log-freq, power-ampl/log-freq, log-ampl/log-freq)

ad 2) yes, see above

ad 3) setvar uses either the index of the variation (starting from 0), or its name as shown by the listdescriptors message.

The dumpdescriptors message gives you even more and easier parseable information.

Hope this makes things clearer. I adapted the help patch for the next release…

...Diemo

Dear Diemo,

Is blinding clear !!!

Thanks

Mikhail

Hi there,

Sorry for replying so late, I just discovered this thread.

I’m very interested in the “terminal version” of the IrcamDescriptors mentioned in Mikhail’s first post (in fact, it might be exactly what I’m looking for).

Could someone possibly provide a link or point to a resource where to find this? That would be great.

Cheers,

Marlon

Marlon,

For the time being, the command line (terminal) version of IrcamDescriptor has been kept for internal R&D use inside Ircam and is not destined for external release due to the nature of its development. Note that a collection of Analysis/Synthesis Command-line Tools are already available in the Forum but not this one!

We are digging the issue internally to see what are the chances. Will keep you posted.