< Back to IRCAM Forum

iMuBu Customisation (for SOM type stuff)

Are there any resources for customising iMuBu? (beyond the helpfile)
I would like to build a featurespace workflow. I saw Federico Visi present at ICLI and the patch demonstrated had a very nice looking SOM built by Jonas Markgraf: timestamped below:
(13mins in) Visi Presentation at ICLI 2020

close up from JM’s website:

some other iMuBu formatting figures from JM’s thesis:

I figured the base of patches concerning this is in the (the SOM examples) of cataRT-MuBu Repo but this is with the standard looking scatterplot.

If anyone has pointers, step-by-steps, other examples for customising iMuBu to this extent? I would for example like to know how the plots in the Visi example can be given those shadows so you can distinguish plots that share the same space or overlap – would much appreciate the help! thanks

Hi, Federico Visi’s plot doesn’t look like imubu, more like jitter, with shading and all. But you can get pretty nice looking graphs with imubu, and the doc in the help (which is all there is, and it is already a lot =-). Best

1 Like

thanks Diemo, I’d ruled out Jitter but yeh I guess it could be nodes or somesuch! (seems to have a Mira frame over it too…) I’m slowly plodding through the iMuBu helpfile so hopefully will get somewhere neat looking at some point :slight_smile: