< Back to IRCAM Forum

How to set Alto Sax in orchestra? - resolved

Hi,

I am looking for setting Alto Sax in Ochidea ‘Set orchestra’ step.

In a video on YouTube (I suppose, because I don’t remember exactly), to set Alto Sax in instruments the user digitized “ASax”, but this soes not work.

I am using Full_SOL2020 db. I have tested “Sax_Alto”, but also that does not work. The error I feceive is about “empty orchestra”.

Can anyone suggest me correct specification for Alto Sax?

Thank you in advance, Best

fdsdb

Hi,

Resolved. The exact term is “ASax”, and the error was probably dued to used sample. Changing the sample everything has worked good.

I hope this can anyhow useful for someone.

Best

fdsdb

Hi,

Have a look at the standalone, you’ll find all the instruments

Best,

Jerome

Hi,

Thank you, I have seen. Besides probably I have verified that precedent error was caused by filter settings, using only two instruments.

Ciao

fdsdb

Ciao Fabio,

I’ve done a test with only a group of brass… And I had an error due to the fact, that I had notes which couldn’t be played by the set.

It wasn’t causes by the settings (I used, almost, always the same) but an orchestration error dues to the orchestra you choose… test your target with the “Carmine orchestra” (default orchestra) and other database, to see if it works. You will see if the settings works. It’s really interesting to compare databases.

Hoping it helps !

Best, keep safe

Jerome

HI,

Thank you very much, I will do some tests.

Ciao

Fabio

Dear Fabio,
when you are not sure about info regarding the database (instrument names, dynamics, playing styles, etc.) I suggest you use the object orchidea.query to retrieve this kind of info.
Please see the tutorial on “Browsing the database” and check the help file of orchidea.query.

A presto!
C

Dear Carmine,

Thank you very much. Of course! Indeed I have already read the tutorial, but I had not thought to use that feature for retrieving instrument names. Thank you again, ciao

Fabio