< Back to IRCAM Forum

Graphic-Object

Hello everyone. I have a question about Graphic-Object (I’m using OM 7.4). If I choose the type “text” in the second input, is it possible to insert the text through an input? Or do I have to open the editor and enter it by hand? If yes, I would ask for enlightenment about it, thank you very much for your time and I apologize if it is a topic already addressed or not very interesting. Best regards.

1 Like

Dear neo (Bot?),

Enlighten us with a specific “graphical-object” please.

Best
K

Hello Mr. Haddad. Thank you for your prompt reply and I apologize for my ignorance that did not allow me to express myself clearly. I attach a snapshot of the object I am talking about (Graphic-Object). If you activate the mini-view you can see how each parameter corresponds to an input, except for Graphic-Content, where I imagine the text content that you want to represent would be stored. What am I doing wrong?
Best regards
neo

Dear neo,

My apologies. I thought you were a Bot. (we had seen a lot lately on this forum).

Well, the graphic-object is an internal object i guess. I personally didn’t know of its existence. I don’t know its usage. Anyhow, it seems missing a slot. The code could be unfinished.
Now here is a fast fix:
omgraphics.lisp (4.4 KB)

the code should be either put in your init fodler (inside your OpenMusic application) or evaluated as is.

When you have this, you will have indeed an extra slot for the graph-contents:

By the way, why are you using it, and for what? I am just curious.
And thank you for pointing out this bug.

Best
K

1 Like

Dear Mr. Haddad, I thank you very much for your prompt reply and the care and professionalism you have put in. No need to apologize, I am just new to the Forum. For now the object, which I found in the online documentation (OpenMusic Documentation - Picture Box), I think could be interesting to use to control graphic structures intended for a Picture object, using various data sources (chord-seq, tree, etc.). For now it has served to create a small tribute for your help. Good continuation and best regards.
neo

Graphic-Object complete.omp (3.5 KB)

1 Like