< Back to IRCAM Forum

Generative Music Prize

The Generative Music Prize is an international competition that highlights the creative potential of music generated with algorithms. This first edition is organized by IRCAM to mark the 30th anniversary of the IRCAM Forum.

!!! DEADLINE EXTENSION November 12, 2023 !!!

PRIZE:
The awards ceremony takes place on March 22, 2024, to mark the 30th anniversary of the IRCAM Forum, at IRCAM, Paris.

• 1st award: 2500€ + 1 year IRCAM Forum Premium Membership
  • 2nd award: 1000€ + 1 year IRCAM Forum Premium Membership
  • 3rd award: 500€ + 1 year IRCAM Forum Premium Membership

IMPORTANT DATES:

• September 12, 2023 - October 30, 2023 : Submission portal opens
  • January 26, 2024: Notification to the awardees
  • March 22, 2024: Award Ceremony during the IRCAM Forum workshops 2024

Hi Greg,

Whom should we contact with questions regarding the application?

Many thanks,

Jordan

Hello @jordanjuras,

please contact me in PM for any further questions…

@beller

Hi Greg,

Do you plan to broadcast this online ?

Many thanks,

Jerome

Hi,

I didn’t know the EU was now venturing into the NFT space. I’d gladly enter the competition but I can’t play any part in supporting such a regressive and exploitative IP governance model. I’m referring to DAFNE+ of course, not the forum which will always remain one of my favorite communities and spots online.

I hope everyone is doing well.

All the best,
António

Hi, I don’t know yet!

We’re trying to organize an anniversary party in the post-corona area, but parts of the IRCAM Forum workshops 2024 will probably be accessible as online events…
It’s hard to get out of the hybrid, once you’ve got the taste for it…

In any case, I’d advise you to try to come to Paris in March for the 30th IRCAM forum workshops, as the retransmission won’t allow the same emotions at certain events like the concerts at Espro, for example…

Best

Dear @antonioflorenca,

Participation in the generative music prize has nothing to do with participation in the DAFNE+ project. It is first and foremost an action by the Forum team, in particular to make this 30th edition of the workshops unique. The DAFNE+ project, a European research project, will soon be opening its platform, and we’ll tell you more about it then…

Don’t hesitate to enter the Prize, there’s still a week to go…

Hi Greg.

Fab Lab’s DAFNE+ page is quite enlightening on the whole affair: DAFNE+ – Fab Lab Barcelona | Research, education, innovation centre. I won’t go into any detail here why I staunchly oppose the tokenization of the digital economy, but I didn’t write it off the bat.

All the best,
António