< Back to IRCAM Forum

FullSOL2020 not sounding on Standalone App (0.6.1)

Hello !

I have just downloaded the FullSOL2020 database. I have just now tried to use it on the standalone app (v. 0.6.1) but no sound will come out. The notation seems however to work. What can I do ?

Best,

R

hi,

Go on the little gear (see attached) in blue at the bottom of toolbar. it’s settings

In red, load database

-1 choose the FullSOL2020.spectrum.db file

-2 database folder FullSOL2020

that :

Best,

Jerome

Hey Jérôme,

Thanks for the answer, but my problem is not the loading of the database. I had already done it in my first post.

Thanks,

R

Sorry, I went a little fast… sorry…

if you can do the process, you must have something like this

I’ve noticed that Orchidea tends to forget its sound card settings… sometimes I have to set them again when I launch Orchidea…

hoping it helps…

Dear Jérôme,

Thanks again for the answer. I did that too… and then tried to reinstall the program altogether… What version of the Mac OS should I use ?

Thanks,

R

Hi,

you just need a recent OS… If you manage to get some solutions then the “play” button, on the top left, works… are you sure to handle this standalone ?

What is your OSX version ?

Best,

Jerome

Hi

I run on High Sierra for now. What do you mean exactly by “are you sure to handle this standalone” ? If you mean, the ability to make it work, sure ! I used it with the OrchideaSOL database in the last months and wrote some sketches with it. But now, weirdly (after the re-installation), the sound just doesn’t come out at all, independently from either the chosen database, the sound settings or my ability to run the program. I can restate my problem: The program seems only to work on the symbolic level of the score (it recognizes the samples to re-create the input target), but not on the sonic level (I can’t hear the result of the orchestration). I will try now updating my computer and see if it works.

Best,

R

OK, I see,

You seem to have got the hang of it, High-Sierra shouldn’t be a problem and the sound in Orchidea is pretty simple… You’re facing a bug, it seems…

If you have the score and Orchidea doesn’t sound, it’s not normal.

Try to see if you can hear the Target, to see if there is not this problem only with the solutions.

NB : Sorry if I sounded rude, I just wanted to know if you know the software well, my English is awful.

Best,

Jerome