< Back to IRCAM Forum

Full "Studio-On-Line" (SOL 3.0) Database — question...

Cheers everyone,

Does anyone know if the full instrumental “Studio-On-Line” (SOL 3.0) database is available anywhere? The old sol.ircam.fr site is down and I haven’t been able to find it anywhere. I’d be very interested in acquiring it. Thanks in advance.

António

Dear Antonio,

The database that is distributed with the software (Sol_0.9) is actually the cleaned-up version of the full instrumental SOL database :slight_smile:
The other one is only an internal version with samples added by our orchestration workgroup from other databases.

All the best,
Philippe

Cheers Philippe,

And could you please tell me which databases are those and where and if they’re available? Commercial or otherwise, I’d be very interested. I’d like to have as many instruments with extended techniques as possible to run Orchids, but I couldn’t fine any on line. Thanks in advance.

All the best,
António

1 Like

Dear Antonio,

I just know about the “most known” which are :

• Vienna Symphonic Library (VSL)
  • Real-World Computing (RWC)
    And also conTimbre but I think you cannot access the individual samples from it.

All the best,
Philippe

Hi everybody,

I just downloaded Orchids, and have the same problem: I’m not able to find the link to download the SOL database anywhere. Could you provide it as a download link for all Orchids users?

Best

Alexis

Hello,

The link is provided in the installer (as a ”webloc” file which shows on the installing interface), I just PM’d it to you :slight_smile:

All the best,
Philippe