< Back to IRCAM Forum

Forum Max App installation needs help

Dear All,
I have renew subscription my IRCAM Forum membership and downloaded, put all the software package in Home/ IRCAM Forum.( ref. attachment) When I open the Forum Max App, under the Title bar External there is no ForumMaxApp as indicated in the Installation. In Applications Modalys/Componants Max not exist.
I have asked the Active Code, how to initial and authorize the software?
thanks!
best
Shing-kwei

IRCAM-Forum.png

Hi Shing-Wei,

You installed the Max library in the wrong location. Actually you just need to install “ForumMaxApps-All” in /yourhomedirectory/Document/Max 7/Packages" and you will find the “ForumMaxApps” in the “Extras” menu of Max.

All the best !

Jean

Hi Shing-Wei,

Thx to Jean’s instructions.
Now for the authorization code. There’s no need to authorize ForumMaxApps since it is a front end to the rest of the packages (Modalys, Spat, etc…)

Best
K

Thanks Jean, thanks Karim,
I have put all IRCAM Forum Apps in my iCloud Drive/Document/Max/Packages ( Max 7 background is too dark to my weak sight and I am in abroad), yes it works, but when I open the patchers, I get a warning
Warning: you have multiple files in your search path with the name Mlys.ModalysPhysics.maxpat etc.
Really I just put the ForumMaxAppsAll in the Package, and eliminate the others?? ( even Modalys, SuperV, Soundbox etc.)
But sometimes Max prefers
using this file: Macintosh HD:/Users/shingkweitzeng/Documents/Max/Packages/ForumMaxApps-SuperVP/misc/SuperVP.MorphPresets.json or
using this file: Macintosh HD:/Users/shingkweitzeng/Documents/Max/Packages/ForumMaxApps-All 2/misc/Soundbox/SoundBox.SogsPresets.json

Further more if I lack some object ( e.g. supervp.cross, supervpsoundfilter etc. ) where can I download?
Thanks again, and thanks for your Workshop 2014 Hanyang University Korea.

best
Shing-kwei

IRCAM-Forum-Package.png

Hello Jean, hello Karim and all friends,
I want use SoundBox / psych harmonizer and SuperVP / Harmonizer in realtime, can I add selector~, adc~ and sfplay etc. to the original FMA.SoundPlayer~ ? when I add objects they lost inputs and outputs ( ref. attachment) thanks!
best
Shing-kwei

FMA.SoundPlayer-adc.maxpat (47.6 KB)