< Back to IRCAM Forum

flux trax | under the hood

hello there,

hope this is the right place to post my question.

as a protools-user i just stumbled over flux trax, which seems to be a supervp kernel based insert plugin for protools.
i already know audiosculpt and the supervp objects for max, which i like for its excellent pitch shifting and
time stretching quality. now i wonder if there are any main differences between flux trax and audiosculpt,
when its about relativly “simple” things like pitchshifting. has anyone made some comparisons between the two?
of course trax was made mostly for voice manipulation but it seems to work on full mixes as well…

btw. is it possible to use trax as a default tc/e tool in protools?

thanks for your help.
johannes

hmm, i just realized that flux trax has no time stretching. too bad.

when working on a protools sfx-session it would be great to use supervp´s timestretching inplace,
instead of change the application, import audio, export audio and finally reimport audio to protools.
are there any plans at ircam to port the supervp timestretching algo to protools as a nrt (audiosuite) or insert (aax) plugin?

ciao, johannes

Hi Johannes,

No, currently there is no official plan at IRCAM to port the SuperVP time stretching as an AAX or AudioSuite.
It was discussed several times, but this is not, for now, a priority.

Of course, requests like yours may be taken into account for possible developments in the future (at least i believe there should be a lot more to create such a plugin at IRCAM).

Best regards
Charles

hello,

any changes regarding ircams priority of porting supervp timestretching into a aax?
i just made comparisons of timestretching dialogue using different algos. with the right settings supervp is unbeatable.
maybe because supervp is pvoc based while other algos
(like serato´s pitch n time, zplane´s elastiqueaax as well as avid time compression/expansion) are granular based…

would love to use supervp in protools.
thanks, johannes